Fixed  Smilies Drop Down

FredC

My forum has several more smilies then a stock XF, the problem ive found in FF at least (havent checked other browsers) Is that when clicking on the drop down list i cannot use the horizontal scroll bar to see the entire smilie list.. If i do try to scroll right to see the other smilies the drop down closes.
Capture_02172011_111539.webp

The challenge is the widely varying widths (and heights, to an extent) of smilies. I'm considering changing this to make the smilies be inline, though this does change the look quite a bit (if you have varying smilie widths).

The challenge is the widely varying widths (and heights, to an extent) of smilies. I'm considering changing this to make the smilies be inline, though this does change the look quite a bit (if you have varying smilie widths).
Looks like the best solution to me :D

I could live with this also. Even if it had to resize (scale) the larger smilies to a smaller size, there would be enough of a hint there to know which smiley you are choosing. Most of ours are small, but having one wider throws off an entire row and/or column.

I usually hand-type my smilies but a lot of my users tend to like to click the buttons. ;)

Top Bottom