Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
Great add-on! Has anyone looked at trying to make this work with @Bob B's Showcase add-on? I would love to make that work and I'd also like to set it so that it only looks for those similar threads in a specific sub-forum. I'm more than willing to pay if that's something you would be interested in doing, @AndyB.

Reactions: Bob
Why are you using the "thread" table and not using the search function? wouldn't that give much less relevant results?

What do you mean by "This add-on requires default templates"?
Does that mean default XF skin must be set as default, or default skin must be left intact altough i use another custom skin?

And about similar thread while viewing thread, is the similar data is "cached" somehow, or is it a realtime "similar" stats?

Does that mean default XF skin must be set as default, or default skin must be left intact altough i use another custom skin?

And about similar thread while viewing thread, is the similar data is "cached" somehow, or is it a realtime "similar" stats?
From what I gather, it requires default templates with no modifications from a custom skin or another add-on.

It's just a reminder that if the Similar Threads add-on doesn't work it might be due to a very heavily modified style.

It's real time.

Wouldn't it be rather difficult to read thread titles in a sidebar?
actually, I think this idea has merit. User updates are perfectly readable in the sidebar, why not thread titles? ;)

Last edited:
I found a bug: even if you have unchecked the Show Create Thread checkbox, when writing the thread title in the create-thread page you can see that the system is processing something behind the scenes and you know that because in the top right corner there is an AJAX progress indicator. If you disable the add-on that stop happening.

Yes I'm aware of this minor issue. I have not found a way to code around it.

Has this been fixed?

Top Bottom