Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
Is possible that create similars block of old threads in thread_view ? (This shows only the new threads after install this plugin)

Also how much query do this plugin per page ? It is very important for me

Is possible that create similars block of old threads in thread_view ? (This shows only the new threads after install this plugin)

Also how much query do this plugin per page ? It is very important for me

The similar threads results have nothing to do with when the add-on was installed. This add-on does not add database tables for results, rather it does a query on the default thread table.

The query on the thread table is very fast, adding on average about .3 seconds to the thread view.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm trying to update the addon using "Addon Install and Upgrade" but I keep getting this error "The specified add-on is older than the install version. Downgrading is not possible." I spoke with Chris and he said that it was related to the addon itself.
Correct. If you disable the install and upgrade add on, upload the files and upgrade with the XML you will get the same error.

Last edited:
I missed v1.7, but did try v1.8 and the thread titles were not displaying.

Removed the addon, and it's files, and re-installed v1.6.

I've just upgraded (V1.9) and unfortunately got the same error as eric

The following error occurred:
The requested page could not be found.

I uninstalled and re-installed but it made no difference.

Edit: Forget it - I deleted the js file off the server and then copied it across again (as you suggested) and it worked. Thanks for the help and a great addon.

Last edited:
Using Drift Dark, kindly check similar threads block here.
The heading is not good looking with black bg.

Please change your style to "PHC 2014" first, Thanks !

Using Drift Dark, kindly check similar threads block here.
The heading is not good looking with black bg.

Please change your style to "PHC 2014" first, Thanks !

The Similar Threads add-on uses default XenForo CSS classes. That way any style that is used will make the add-on look great.

In you case if you're not happy with the heading background color of the dark style you are using, I suggest adding an override in the EXTRA.css template. The class you want to change is:

Code:
.dataRow {
    background:#ffffff;
}

Change #ffffff to any color you like.

The Similar Threads add-on uses default XenForo CSS classes. That way any style that is used will make the add-on look great.

In you case if you're not happy with the heading background color of the dark style you are using, I suggest adding an override in the EXTRA.css template. The class you want to change is:

Code:
.dataRow {
    background:#ffffff;
}

Change #ffffff to any color you like.
.dataRow will only be applied on similar threads block?

I have a Problem!

Folgende Fehler sind aufgetreten:
404 Not Found
Not Found
The requested URL /forums/*/similarthreads/ was not found on this Server.

I have all daten upload!

I have a Problem!

Folgende Fehler sind aufgetreten:
404 Not Found
Not Found
The requested URL /forums/*/similarthreads/ was not found on this Server.

I have all daten upload!

The path to this add-on should be:

your_forum_folder/library/Andy/SimilarThreads

Just upload the add-on's library folder content to server library folder. Same with the js folder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom