s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I see a post about a while ago about this breaking things in Tapatalk. Anyone come up with a way to fix that?

You'd have to ask Tapatalk's support. I don't know this application and I don't know why it says that it doesn't support videos. Perhaps it simply cannot display embedded content.

When you say that things were working fine, did you mean that embedded videos previously worked and now they don't? Because all this add-on uses are the default embed codes provided by each site. I see no reason for one to work but not the other. Do you have an example of something that works without this add-on but doesn't work with this add-on?

You'd have to ask Tapatalk's support. I don't know this application and I don't know why it says that it doesn't support videos. Perhaps it simply cannot display embedded content.

When you say that things were working fine, did you mean that embedded videos previously worked and now they don't? Because all this add-on uses are the default embed codes provided by each site. I see no reason for one to work but not the other. Do you have an example of something that works without this add-on but doesn't work with this add-on?

You are doing something different than the default XenForo installation does with Youtube because it does break it with this installed and it doesn't without it. At least from what I can tell on my side.

The exact HTML is different, but it's basically the same thing. Here's what you get with the default installation:
Code:
<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/weqq3U-U8VY?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Now with this add-on:
Code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/weqq3U-U8VY"></iframe>

@BamaStangGuy can you get that to Tapatalk's support and see what's their take on it? Also, can someone confirm that YouTube videos work fine on the same device without Tapatalk?

Also, I forgot to mention that besides "it doesn't work" I haven't received any information about this bug. I don't even know what "it doesn't work" means in this context. Can someone get the HTML that is generated by Tapatalk?

In my case, I posted a Twitter link. Tapatalk seems to think its a video and therefore can't 'play' it.

Hmm, ok. I guess that Tapatalk tries to parse the post's HTML to implement their own video embedding. If I'm correct, that could explain why the slightest change in the HTML throws them off.

I ran a few searches about Tapatalk and it seems they're having a number of issues with videos. Unfortunately that's not something I can do anything about.

Hmm, ok. I guess that Tapatalk tries to parse the post's HTML to implement their own video embedding. If I'm correct, that could explain why the slightest change in the HTML throws them off.

I ran a few searches about Tapatalk and it seems they're having a number of issues with videos. Unfortunately that's not something I can do anything about.
Is there a way to easily add back the interpreted URL to the post?

Easily? No. XenForo does not preserve the original URL. Each URL would have to be reconstructed based on the MEDIA tag.

I've been working on the add-on refactoring (previously highlighted in this post) this week-end. I have released a preview on GitHub if anyone's curious and/or adventurous. It would help me if some of you would give it a try and confirm that it works fine. A lot of things have changed internally but almost nothing's changed from the admin's point of view.

In this release, you can select which categories of media sites you want to use without reinstalling the add-on. If you install this preview you will be able to reinstall the old version without uninstalling it first. However, if you do you will lose the value of s9e_EXCLUDE_SITES so copy/paste it somewhere safe if you use this feature.

AdminPanel.webp

Note that this version displays a small link back to the add-on's page at the bottom of the your forum's page. I intend to make it optional but I haven't found how I can do that without reinstalling the add-on yet.

After spending more time on the add-on, I have decided not to implement user-defined custom dimensions for embeds. I don't see the use case for it.

I think I'll tackle responsive embeds next. This is a feature that's going to take quite a bit of work to implement because it's more complex than just adding a wrapper. Every solution I've read only applied to 16:9 embeds, or some other fixed ratio. That only covers some of the sites in this add-on. For others, I need to compute the aspect ratio of the embed and generate the appropriate CSS code. Anyway, my point is this: if you want responsive embeds, please manifest yourself so that I know that I'm not going to waste hours on something nobody uses.

@Xon I've just updated the pack. I couldn't find any URL with a dash when I created the site's definition, that's why IDs were limited to alphanumeric characters. Now it's fixed thanks to you!

Reactions: Xon
@Xon I've just updated the pack. I couldn't find any URL with a dash when I created the site's definition, that's why IDs were limited to alphanumeric characters. Now it's fixed thanks to you!
Thanks for the prompt response, and bugfix works fine.

Top Bottom