s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I saw there was an Amazon update, but it's still not working for us. See this video (apologies for my bad cropping use of OBS I was moving fast)

https://streamable.com/ma41

We have a pretty limited amount of addons installed

a4AlPhl.png

Any idea what could be causing this? Using Chrome on OSX, but it seems to happen on all browsers. Even clean URLs like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/PRODUCT# don't work.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any issues lately with sites like Twitter and imgur getting cut in half when embedding? I'm trying to figure out if it's my style that's doing it.

S9xHJJp.png

That's an embedded tweet that includes a video.

Edit: Hmm partially solved it, it's the click image for full size feature. I added code to extra.css to remove that but it's still doing it when someone quotes the media. Back to digging.

We have this happen a lot. Haven't been able to figure it out. This is using Chrome on OSX.

I saw there was an Amazon update, but it's still not working for us.

Amazon requires Flash to be installed. Sometimes, their servers don't work either, they just return an error. The last time I tried to look into their documentation I spent a day registering to every Amazon Affiliate program I had access to and setting up a page showcasing it. Amazon went out of their way to close all of my accounts the same day. They don't close the thousands of fake blogs and link farms that hide affiliate links in stolen content but apparently they're hard at work preventing developers like me from making them money. (I make no money off Amazon links whatsoever, every second I spend maintaining them is on my dime)

In summary, I have no way to diagnose this issue and Amazon went out of their way to keep it that way. If it doesn't work for you, add "Amazon" to the list of excluded sites and it won't try to replace the links. There are other add-ons that specialize in Amazon products that may work for you.

We have this happen a lot. Haven't been able to figure it out. This is using Chrome on OSX.

This is very demotivating that so many people say "doesn't work for me" and then proceed to offer no actionable information whatsoever. Please read the post below the one you quoted and respond to it like it was addressed to you.

Amazon requires Flash to be installed. Sometimes, their servers don't work either, they just return an error. The last time I tried to look into their documentation I spent a day registering to every Amazon Affiliate program I had access to and setting up a page showcasing it. Amazon went out of their way to close all of my accounts the same day. They don't close the thousands of fake blogs and link farms that hide affiliate links in stolen content but apparently they're hard at work preventing developers like me from making them money. (I make no money off Amazon links whatsoever, every second I spend maintaining them is on my dime)

In summary, I have no way to diagnose this issue and Amazon went out of their way to keep it that way. If it doesn't work for you, add "Amazon" to the list of excluded sites and it won't try to replace the links. There are other add-ons that specialize in Amazon products that may work for you.

This is very demotivating that so many people say "doesn't work for me" and then proceed to offer no actionable information whatsoever. Please read the post below the one you quoted and respond to it like it was addressed to you.

Thanks. I'll just have it keep the links in plaintext for now.

hey @JoshyPHP, my users are having issues with comedy central videos. any idea if something changed with them?

They have an issue with their SSL certificate and since your website uses SSL, it will reject sites that are not properly configured for it.

media.mtvnservices.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names: a248.e.akamai.net, *.akamaized.net, *.akamaihd-staging.net, *.akamaihd.net, *.akamaized-staging.net

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

I sent them an email about it. I don't really expect them to fix it but I'd love to be wrong.

They have an issue with their SSL certificate and since your website uses SSL, it will reject sites that are not properly configured for it.

I sent them an email about it. I don't really expect them to fix it but I'd love to be wrong.
appreciate it. I'll disable it for now. thanks!

So many embeds not working cuz of ssl that this beautiful mod becomes a headache sometimes lol

I am monitoring it closely myself on my site because we get quite a few twitter links every day.

The problem is that I don't feel like I can bring it to you yet because it is very difficult to replicate and I will explain.

If I post a link when I am done posting it will be cut in half. I refresh the page then it's fixed. Someone else will go read it and it's cut off for them so I go back and check and it looks fine to me and now it looks fine to them. I just can't seem to have one "break" long enough for you to take a look.

That being said it never is an issue with a single text tweet. It is only ever one of the following.

1.) Tweet with an image, the image loads and then cuts off with no tweet below it.
2.) Tweet with a video, this usually loads the video but it cuts off the tweet below it.
3.) Tweet with a reply, this usually loads the top tweet only.

I think it must be style related. I hope this next part makes sense. My tweets have rounded corners when embedded. When it has them cut off the top part is rounded off on the corners but where it stops it's a straight line and sharp corners.

If you want to check out my forum most of my tweets are at the end of this thread: https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/politics-thread.7113/

I warn you the thread is abrasive and pro Trump!

Here is a recent post that didn't look right. https://www.firesofheaven.org/posts/1736508/

I am monitoring it closely myself on my site because we get quite a few twitter links every day.

The problem is that I don't feel like I can bring it to you yet because it is very difficult to replicate and I will explain.

If I post a link when I am done posting it will be cut in half. I refresh the page then it's fixed. Someone else will go read it and it's cut off for them so I go back and check and it looks fine to me and now it looks fine to them. I just can't seem to have one "break" long enough for you to take a look.

That being said it never is an issue with a single text tweet. It is only ever one of the following.

1.) Tweet with an image, the image loads and then cuts off with no tweet below it.
2.) Tweet with a video, this usually loads the video but it cuts off the tweet below it.
3.) Tweet with a reply, this usually loads the top tweet only.

I think it must be style related. I hope this next part makes sense. My tweets have rounded corners when embedded. When it has them cut off the top part is rounded off on the corners but where it stops it's a straight line and sharp corners.

If you want to check out my forum most of my tweets are at the end of this thread: https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/politics-thread.7113/

I warn you the thread is abrasive and pro Trump!

Here is a recent post that didn't look right. https://www.firesofheaven.org/posts/1736508/
i tried everything in my forum to try to reproduce it with 100% certainty and i couldnt, it seems to happen mostly in 2 conditions

1- tweets that has media
2- if the tweet is within a quote

Ok, thanks for the information. I've updated the code I use to host and display tweets so if you clear your browser's cache you may find that it works better.

That could indicate that if a video takes too long to load, tweets don't get resized properly. If that's the case, it would explain why it's so inconsistent.

interesting enough, the example tweet in this thread never loads in full for me, no matter how much i refresh

That tweet is in a quote and this site's style limits their height to 360px. With responsive videos like YouTube you get a smaller video with the correct aspect ratio but things like tweets don't scale down, they just get cut off. I don't know why that quote doesn't have the option to expand though.

Ok, thanks for the information. I've updated the code I use to host and display tweets so if you clear your browser's cache you may find that it works better.

That could indicate that if a video takes too long to load, tweets don't get resized properly. If that's the case, it would explain why it's so inconsistent.

That tweet is in a quote and this site's style limits their height to 360px. With responsive videos like YouTube you get a smaller video with the correct aspect ratio but things like tweets don't scale down, they just get cut off. I don't know why that quote doesn't have the option to expand though.
i think you broke something? instagram posts dont show anymore

I think it might be working better now. I hope my long winded post helped a bit.

Top Bottom