[RT] Spoiler

[RT] Spoiler 1.0.3

No permission to download
Disabled xenUtilies - still shows.
Disabled Tapatalk - still shows.
Disabled Both - still shows.
Disabled All - still shows.

But I've never really seen this [object Object] before installing Spoiler. :-/

I can post, and no duplicates comes up... but it was strange when I used Spoiler for the first time.

Disabled xenUtilies - still shows.
Disabled Tapatalk - still shows.
Disabled Both - still shows.
Disabled All - still shows.

But I've never really seen this [object Object] before installing Spoiler. :-/

I can post, and no duplicates comes up... but it was strange when I used Spoiler for the first time.

Try this:
  1. Uninstall
  2. Delete Spoiler files from server
  3. Test
  4. Download the files
  5. Upload the files
  6. Make sure you uploaded all files
  7. Install with XML
  8. Test

I just installed this mod....

And I had a few problems on installation..

When I first posted my first "spoiler" the mod creates several posts. When I delete them, it deletes the other duplicates...?

Is that a normal behavior for this? :confused:

And then, when I enter a code to show my users how to do it...This comes up for clicking "code" link.
View attachment 33606

I'm using xF1.1.3

I only have XenUtiles, and Tapatalk installed. :unsure:
I just noticed this after you posted this. I have been trying to debug it, but my javascript knowledge is still very basic. I was able to track it down to this code in code.js though:
Code:
var CodeDialog = {
init: function()
{
alert(tinyMCEPopup.editor.windowManager.bookmark);
},

Commenting out those lines seems to solve the problem, and it appears that it is some sort of residiual code: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/typo-in-timezone-helper-file.32911/#post-376089

Use at own risk. You will find the file in js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/code.js, change the above code with:
Code:
    //init: function()
    //{
        //alert(tinyMCEPopup.editor.windowManager.bookmark);
    //},

I do not know what it it's intention is, but probably it was in there to alert the content of that object. I also have no idea why, or if, this plugin triggers the alert, while it does not in stock xF. Note that editing this file will cause that file to fail file health check.

Well, this is strange. I just checked the 1.1.3 download for this file, and that exact (more or less, the alert('....') code is removed, the init function is still there) edit is already done there. So I reuploaded that file (and that file only) and it still fails the file health check, and the object object problem is gone.

I also became a bit unsure of whether or not if I really upgraded to 1.1.3, but my install folder told me that I did... Anyway, changing it as per my above suggestion won't do any damage or break any functionality, the only purpose of that code is to alert (http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_popup.asp) with the content of a variable when the code iframe is loaded. If you want to be on par with the official one, just comment out the second line in my code box above, or just download 1.1.3 again, and then upload the file again. Either way solves it.

To further clarify, as per this thread, to solve the issue with [object object] alert, just download the latest upgrade or install package, then re upload the stock js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/code.js, it should solve the problem. Since this is a javascript problem, and for me the problem happened on pages where the javascript from the spoiler wasn't even loaded, I doubt it is a problem with this mod.

Hey I don't know if this is the way you want to go with this but it would help me out a lot and possibly others. Could you make it so instead of saying spoiler it can say anything you want it to say? Because sometimes I just like to make lists for example pretend I'm making a guide for a game and I want to show people what the quantity is of a boss dropping a certain item I could call it "Melkai Drops" Melkai being the boss name and add for example in the spoiler. "Steel Sword - 10% chance" But not having the word Spoiler next to the Melkai Drops text. Is this possible? as in possible for you to code?

Hey I don't know if this is the way you want to go with this but it would help me out a lot and possibly others. Could you make it so instead of saying spoiler it can say anything you want it to say? Because sometimes I just like to make lists for example pretend I'm making a guide for a game and I want to show people what the quantity is of a boss dropping a certain item I could call it "Melkai Drops" Melkai being the boss name and add for example in the spoiler. "Steel Sword - 10% chance" But not having the word Spoiler next to the Melkai Drops text. Is this possible? as in possible for you to code?
It is possible. Check out this thread to see how it works right now. I can modify the code to work as you want it to work.

It is possible. Check out this thread to see how it works right now. I can modify the code to work as you want it to work.

I can't really think of a way of doing this but as well as spoiler pretend you made a new one called.. Idk.. content and if I did [content=content Name] shown contents [/content] it would work the same as the spoiler one but instead it removes the Spoiler text? If you know what I mean. This would make your resource not limited to just spoilers it will allow you to make simple drop down lists to keep things more organized

I can't really think of a way of doing this but as well as spoiler pretend you made a new one called.. Idk.. content and if I did [content=content Name] shown contents [/content] it would work the same as the spoiler one but instead it removes the Spoiler text? If you know what I mean. This would make your resource not limited to just spoilers it will allow you to make simple drop down lists to keep things more organized
I understand. I will start working on that now. :)

I understand. I will start working on that now. :)
I read this yesterday and I'm sorry I could not answer sooner I clicked the reply button like seven times but for some reason my s3 is unbelievably unreliable on Xenforo. However thankyou so much this will be a really nice edition to the add-on because I will be able to simply store my information in lovely drop down lists instead of sticking to using quotes. Not that I don't like quotes but this way it makes the posts seem smaller and not such a pain on the eyes to others.

Two questions:
1) not sure if I'm missing it but do you have it setup so users can choose the permissions for who can see spoiler information added yet, example I don't want non registered users to be able to see content when clicking the spoiler button till after they haven an account.
2) how to I add example of how this works to the Help BBCode page. I'm running XF 1.1.3 and your latest version but doesn't seem to auto add that from what I saw in screen shots. I did a manual install of the script and upload vs using the installer addon.

All things said, awesome mod, cheers

1) not sure if I'm missing it but do you have it setup so users can choose the permissions for who can see spoiler information added yet, example I don't want non registered users to be able to see content when clicking the spoiler button till after they haven an account.
I can add that. ;)

2) how to I add example of how this works to the Help BBCode page. I'm running XF 1.1.3 and your latest version but doesn't seem to auto add that from what I saw in screen shots. I did a manual install of the script and upload vs using the installer addon.
Do you have TMS installed?

I have other add-on's that have an option TMS modification. Will adding TMS just for this add-on require the template modifications the be reverted, and re edited?

Top Bottom