Resource icon

Route Changer 1.1.3

No permission to download
Anyone else have the problem with the forum category links not working with this enabled, or is it just me?

I looked at your site and category links appear to be working fine. Can you be more specific about the problem?

Note that there is a setting in XF to change category links. Maybe that will give you the behavior you want:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Node & Forum List -> Create Pages for Categories

But right now I don't see any problem on your forum.

I looked at your site and category links appear to be working fine. Can you be more specific about the problem?

Note that there is a setting in XF to change category links. Maybe that will give you the behavior you want:

But right now I don't see any problem on your forum.

With the route changer enabled the category links redirect to the forum home page for some reason - they are working now becuase i disabled the addon

With the route changer enabled the category links redirect to the forum home page for some reason - they are working now becuase i disabled the addon

That is the normal behavior if this option is disabled:

Try enabling that option. That may give you the behavior you want.

I still can't find any difference in category links relating to this addon.

Reactions: Rob
That is the normal behavior if this option is disabled:

Try enabling that option. That may give you the behavior you want.

I still can't find any difference in category links relating to this addon.

that seems to help

Hi Jake, when using the Route changer with the Directory Addon -> http://xenforo.com/community/resources/surreyforum-xenkingdir-link-business-directory-directory.134/

I tried to change the directory's listing page which has the route "reviews" to "listings". The url is changed in the content, that is all site.com/reviews/xx appear as site.com/listings/xx

However on clicking the link the url which appears in the address bar of the browser is still site.com/reviews/xx and not site.com/listings/xx It seems a conflict with this addon.

Hi Jake, when using the Route changer with the Directory Addon -> http://xenforo.com/community/resources/surreyforum-xenkingdir-link-business-directory-directory.134/

I tried to change the directory's listing page which has the route "reviews" to "listings". The url is changed in the content, that is all site.com/reviews/xx appear as site.com/listings/xx

However on clicking the link the url which appears in the address bar of the browser is still site.com/reviews/xx and not site.com/listings/xx It seems a conflict with this addon.

The links on the page should use the new route. Click one of the new links. Old links might not be automatically redirected. The old links will either redirect or continue to work as before while all new links will use the new route moving forward. It depends on if the addon's controller canonicalizes the request.

If something still isn't right then I can take a look.

I will give some extra thought to implementing automatic redirects for all route changes without relying on the controller. That would certainly be good for consistency.

The links on the page should use the new route. Click one of the new links. Old links might not be automatically redirected. The old links will either redirect or continue to work as before while all new links will use the new route moving forward. It depends on if the addon's controller canonicalizes the request.

If something still isn't right then I can take a look.

I will give some extra thought to implementing automatic redirects for all route changes without relying on the controller. That would certainly be good for consistency.

Nopes it does not work for new listings as well. This is what I did

1. Made sure that the "reviews" route (defined by the Directory Addon) was changed in the Route Changer Addon options.

scr1.webp

Next I created a new Directory Listing. The URL's on the page are rewritten by the Route Changer as visible in the screenshot.

Note the URL in the red box in the bottom left corner is correct. So this part is working and correct.

scr2.webp

Now when I click on the listing, the page redirects from site/listings/46 to the old route site/reviews/46

scr3.webp

So the rewrite is actually working. But the URL which I end up with is somehow the original URL and not the rewritten route.

Regards...

Nopes it does not work for new listings as well. This is what I did

Ok I found the problem. It's nothing wrong with either addon. It is more of an incompatibility, but one that you can fix with a code edit. Edit this file:

library/XenKingDir/Route/Prefix/Threads.php

Near the bottom, you need to specify the new prefix:

Rich (BB code):
		return XenForo_Link::buildBasicLinkWithIntegerParam('reviews', $action, $extension, $data, 'thread_id', 'title') . $postHash;

This is in addition to the change in the Route Changer addon. That should work for you.

This is a very unique kind of incompatibility and is not the norm. This is not a problem with the Route Changer addon.

Jake, why you use numbered copies of classes?

It's because of the virtual classing that XenForo uses. You can't use the same virtual class to extend multiple classes in the same execution or you get a redeclaration error. So I had to create multiple copies of the same class and index into them separately for each route change to avoid redeclaration errors. This thread talks about the problem:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/redeclaration-error-for-extended-class.24773/

Hey Jake,

I know that sitemap mod is not one of yours but do you have any idea how to make it play nice with routes defined in this mod? All my sitemap urls are using default routes and wondered if somehow the sitemap mod could tie into this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

Hey Jake,

I know that sitemap mod is not one of yours but do you have any idea how to make it play nice with routes defined in this mod? All my sitemap urls are using default routes and wondered if somehow the sitemap mod could tie into this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

The Route Changer works with 3rd party addons. It allows you to change any route that is defined in the normal manner. The occasional incompatibility is when a route is not defined in the normal manner, such as with XenPorta, but these cases are few.

If you encounter an addon that the Route Changer does not work with then let me know and I will look into it.

The Route Changer works with 3rd party addons. It allows you to change any route that is defined in the normal manner. The occasional incompatibility is when a route is not defined in the normal manner, such as with XenPorta, but these cases are few.

If you encounter an addon that the Route Changer does not work with then let me know and I will look into it.
Hmm.... the sitemap add on is now making changed routes... dunno why it didnt before. Thanks anyway.

Hi Jake, the addon seems to have some problems with the "Conversation Manager" addon. When the route is changed, pagination & control doesn't work (doesn't point to the next page).

Hi Jake, the addon seems to have some problems with the "Conversation Manager" addon. When the route is changed, pagination & control doesn't work (doesn't point to the next page).

I got that addon installed and changed the route. It seems to be working fine. Pagination works in both the conversation list and inside of conversations. Can you tell me how to reproduce the problem?

I got that addon installed and changed the route. It seems to be working fine. Pagination works in both the conversation list and inside of conversations. Can you tell me how to reproduce the problem?

I changed the route from "conversations" to "ozel-konusmalar" When I do that, the pagination doesn't have links to go to. I deleted recently some conversations so there aren't enough conversations to paginate.

I changed the route from "conversations" to "ozel-konusmalar" When I do that, the pagination doesn't have links to go to. I deleted recently some conversations so there aren't enough conversations to paginate.

Still no problems for me.

I will offer to take a look if you are comfortable giving me a URL and admin login.

Top Bottom