Resource icon

Route Changer 1.1.3

No permission to download
Hi @mikelowrey,

As you can read from the overview, this addon is deprecated.

Deprecated:
XenForo 1.2 now has a "route filter" feature which functionally replaces this addon. Moving forward you should use the "route filter" feature in 1.2 instead of this addon.

Hi @mikelowrey,

As you can read from the overview, this addon is deprecated.

Thank you for the reply, I am aware of that, I just wanna know the advantages of using such thing, what positive things can I do with this to make my forum better, sorry for lacking the understanding in this part, is just I cant seem to find it useful for me at the moment and just "want" to find a reason to give it some use :)

It gives you freedom to customize your URLs and only your creativity sets the limit.

For instance, you can make your URLs shorter, as I do in my forum: from /threads/ to just /t/

Having shorther URLs is or used to be a SEO ranking factor.

Or if the language of your forum is not English, you can use the same feature to have parts of your URL in such other language: from /threads/ to /temas/ (into Spanish)

Having your URLs in your language is better for usability and could be also beneficial for SEO.

Again, those are just a couple of examples, but there are many, many more creative ways of using such feature.

Top Bottom