Responsive Design for XenForo 1.1 [Paid] [Deleted]

Hi Guys,

New to XenForo so need a little help, I have just purchased the responsive template / installed no problems but how do I

configure so that

- if some one come to my website then they should get the default -XenForo template
- If they come via a mobile device then it goes to one of the responsive templates

Some help here would be appreciated

thanks
The theme scales based on the width of the browser, so based on the width of an iphone browser, they'd get the responsive theme, ipad gets the normal theme minus the side bar.

jOiXR.png

Does this help?

Its not a bug. On mobile devices WYSIWYG editor is disabled, on desktop width is determined by XenForo's scripts on page load. What you see on screenshot only happens if you resize browser window after page was loaded.

Does this help?
Samus, this was something I played around with a fair amount, as it is annoying, however; whilst there are easy CSS fixes that can be applied, those fixed create negative consequences under other conditions. The reason is because the WYSIWYG field is javascript based, not CSS based.

You can control it via CSS by adding max-width to the field width, though again, it creates negative consequences then under other circumstances, which I found the lesser of all evils is to put up with the javascript issue and accept that if you scale the page on your desktop, then once you've refreshed the page once, the new width will have been calculated and correctly aligned.

I cannot see why anyone would be constantly scaling their desktop browser width though.

Thanks for the replies, was just testing everything and was curious about it, didn't know if it was supposed to or not, but now I got my answer! Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hello,

Just purchased and have TMS installed.
Getting this error on xml installation:

Code:
unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
unserialize() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 667
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->updatePropertyCacheInStyle() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 632
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->rebuildPropertyCacheInStyleAndChildren() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2316
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2187
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 325
XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in TMS/Model/AddOn.php at line 20
TMS_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 225
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/******/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I've tried disabling APC in config and still no luck.
Any ideas?

I've checked your forum, can't see that issue. Usually such issues are caused by ads, but you don't have any.

Try scrolling to the end of page, do you see anything on your phone that is wider than other content? If not, do you see that issue when logged in with normal user account instead of admin?

I've checked your forum, can't see that issue. Usually such issues are caused by ads, but you don't have any.

Try scrolling to the end of page, do you see anything on your phone that is wider than other content? If not, do you see that issue when logged in with normal user account instead of admin?

Seems to be the quick reply that is causing the issues, as it is stretching out too far. Tried on both my admin account and a test account, and seems to be the same issue on both.

WYSIWYG editor should not work on mobile devices. Have you installed an add-on that changes that behavior?

We also have WYSIWYG editor enabled at some mobile devices (tablets). Is there a way to handle those editor boxes well in such cases also?

I think I have found a solution for that, but it requires editing tinymce files.

1. Rename js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js to something else, like tiny_mce_original.js
  2. Copy js/tinymce/tiny_mce_src.js to js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js
  3. Open js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js, find
    Code:
        // Initialize the API
        tinymce._init();
  4. Replace it with
    Code:
        // Initialize the API
        if (jQuery(window).width() < 700) return;
        tinymce._init();

Reactions: HWS