Regular updates please

You could subscribe to an RSS feed for the announcements thread.
If you use RSS that is.
Thanks Doc but I haven't a clue what RSS is and MUCH too busy to research it. Don't want to tackle a whole new system just for this one thing.

Seems nuts I can't sign up to get Announcements.
It would be reasonable for all members to get them anyway unless they opt out of receiving notifications at all. After all if we're members here we're interested in XF developments = Announcements.

How aren't they announcements? They contain essential information pertaining to XenForo, including development information. If you cannot call those updates or an announcements, than I don't know what you can call them.

What I don't get is you shrug off the announcement forum updates, but then think that the HYS forum threads are updates?

Announcements are generally formal items, whether that's company news, releases, security warnings etc - they're usually not informal updates or blog posts.

One thread is about (new) product announcements (along with a teaser for '1' feature) and the other is a call for beta testers. Exactly the sort of thing you'd expect in an announcements forum.

If they want to post updates there - great! (I'd argue it wasn't the best place for them but..) as I said in my second post in this thread, I don't care where they are posted so long as they are posted.

One thread is about (new) product announcements (along with a teaser for '1' feature) and the other is a call for beta testers. Exactly the sort of thing you'd expect in an announcements forum.

If they want to post updates there - great! (I'd argue it wasn't the best place for them but..) as I said in my second post in this thread, I don't care where they are posted so long as they are posted.

Well those are blog like updates, also they are posted, who cares when they are posted, as long as they are posted, which they are in the HYS forum.

We've been getting frequent updates about the RM, ES (before it was released), and even a tidbit about what will be in XF 1.2. Besides that it sounds like what you're looking for is pretty much the ability to comment directly on the updates? And Kier/Mike to post "Hey guys, X" instead of the XenForo account posting? That's the only difference I can see and there's nothing stopping you from making your own thread about them. They've been very forward with updates and the've communicated with us wherever possible in various threads directly.

If you're saying that Kier and Mike should post an update every time they finish a feature or are thinking about something weekly, I find that would be a bigger waste of time. That would not even include the further rush of people wanting to know it would be release, complaints about the feature, and various other facets that come with any kind of reveal (look at how the RM's launch here turned out); that would happen every week! I think they're struck a perfect balance as it is, and I think it will be even slightly better once they shrug off the legal battle they're currently in. :)

Top Bottom