XenForo needs a blog with regular updates from Kier & Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

random

Hi,

XenForo needs a blog where Kier & Mike will keep us updated about all the upcoming features and work being done behind the scenes regarding the development of XenForo. Without a blog here I feel that this is something like vbulletin.com (no communication).

Thank you,
Jonathan

Its hardly no communication, just go to Kier's profile page and view his latest posts, you'll find some nuggets of info there.

I'm not googlebot and I don't have time to go from post to post in order to read information about this software. They are the ones who should be interested into provide blog posts with useful information, not me.

A Blog is an excellent idea.
Many xenforo customers and future customers don't troll the forums 24/7, yet would happily read a Xenforo blog which informs customers and future customers what is going on at Xenforo.
Xenforo can fine tune it's message about what it is (and isn't) in this blog.

That won't replace Xenforo having a voice about it's plans and accomplishments.
That's a product release area.

My profile has a link to most, if not all, of the comments made by Mike and Kier about possible future features.

As far as I can tell, this is just another "roadmap" thread, albeit by a different name, of which there are already more than enough of those.

As far as I can tell, this is just another "roadmap" thread, albeit by a different name, of which there are already more than enough of those.
exactly^^
so isn't it time to give us what we want?:P

Why poopoo a suggestion that would be a tangible benefit to the majority that don't regularly trawl the forums?

I would hazard only a sliver of xF customers (and potential customers) read the forums regularly. A semi regular blog/update forum would serve as a spot to show the mass that xF are actively moving the product forward. I understand that what is written can be a tightrope walk, but that alone shouldn't discredit the suggestion.

Sometimes being secretive and quiet is a better strategy to being more communicative, but not usually. And certainly not long term.

I'm agree with The Geek. There are hundrends (and potentially thousands) of users very interested in the Xenforo product. But they want to know what direction have the development before buying license and/or converting their board to Xenforo.

I very like the IPB official Blog. Every week, there are an update. Ok, they have many addons, a bigger development team...but i think there a great example of good comunication with effective and potential customers.

My profile has a link to most, if not all, of the comments made by Mike and Kier about possible future features.

Whats logical about potential new/uers trawling through your profile to find out about updates/whats coming through comments posted in a myriad of topics?

Whats logical about potential new/uers trawling through your profile to find out about updates/whats coming through comments posted in a myriad of topics?
Fine.

I'll remove it and then there will be nothing.

Not that I expected you to ever have anything positive to say, as usual.

You give them a hand and they want your whole arm. I do not expect daily updates and I'm happy with the announcements forum and the occasional posts from the team where they reveal some of the things they're working on (if they want to).

Yep. Look at the way ipb communicate with their customers.

Why are you even comparing ipb to xenforo I don't know. Read the snippets of information around the forum and stop being so lazy. This is a prime example of a complaining thread damned if you do damned if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom