Reactivation fee

bookmark

Can anyone tell me how much is the reactivation fee for xenforo?I noticed that xenforo stuff said the reactivation fee would be a range from 40 to 140.
I need the exact number before determining to buy a license.Thanks.

XenForo License Reactivation - $80

If your license has been past its expiration date for 9 months, to regain access to support and new releases, you must reactivate it. Reactivation includes 12 months of support and access to new releases from the date it is purchased. After 12 months, the standard license extension should be purchased. Please note that your license must be up-to-date to access licensed customer areas.

So we have the answer, if I wait 2 years the license is still good, but I have to pay $80.00 to bring it current and to download updates.

Can I clarify something ?

If people dont "renew" for $40, are XF saying that they will no longer have access to the add-ons area ? Thats how Ive read it.
Correct.

edit: 'no access' = not be able to post or download, they can still be viewed, including whatever url the author may have put up. Not quite the same as 'no access' entirely.

One of the major problems in the vB blow up on licenses and one that enraged lifetime license owners was and still are the renewal fees for inactive licenses.

My question is, how will Xenforo deal with customers who own a license but have not purchased or renewed yearly (let's say they wait 2 years), will these owners be penalized by Xenforo ??

Will the license still be good if they do not purchase yearly updates, will they have to pay for the gap years when they do decide to renew the license ??

They are penalized.. you have to pay $80 for renewals instead of $40

$40 is about $3.30/month - that's two bottle of cokes a month. (for me anyway)

I'm sure it's a lot more in some places as there are also other choices of software available that have a yearly fee of $0.

I'm cool with the current plan.

Yes.. you don't seem to understand what I was stating.

I'm NOT talking about one license here. I'm talking about 3 or more.

That is $120 or more depending on if any pass the 2 yrs mark, then it would be $240 or more for 1 yrs worth of renewal.

They'll all likely have a really good idea from all the years that vBulletin was around ;) I know myself that for my 3-4 vb licenses, I was terrible at keeping them renewed and up to date.

One of the big issues a lot of developers and companies face is the constant battle between keeping existing customers happy and having to attract new customers - Jeff Standen from Webgroup Media / Cerberus Helpdesk has gone into detail on this quite a bit. The problem is really that the way pricing is structured, one license sale is equal to three+ renewals (this is a common problem/setup) - so you can slip into the habbit of developing features based on what will attract new customers to ensure you're generating the revenue and profits needed to pay the bills and expand. By trying to "persuade" customers to renew, that will hopefully allow the XF team to focus more on what we, the existing customers, want :)

True, but remember for a single license it isn't so bad. Imagine if you have 5 licenses and all are charged a reactivation fee. I don't see many people not renewing in the next few years, but I'm sure at some point development will get a bit slugish.

That is what happened at vB... it got slow and people either got lazy to upgrade or didn't find it was needed.

Although if you had multiple licences, you could probably just renew one to get access to mods.

Then pay the renewal on all forums when/if you choose to upgrade them.

True but as I stated earlier.. imagine all the reactivation fees for all your licenses... I doubt everyone with multiple licenses will renew ALL of them. Or at least won't have an incentive to renewal all.

2 Things as I proposed earlier.
No reactivation fees, and discounts for renewals for muliple license renewals at once.

Of course it would be nice to have a multi-license discount. Yes, XenForo can take the lead here but they've got enough on their plate launching their product. The way I see it, at the price we got it for, that is a fair enough discount - hence buying 3 myself.

After all, you are not forced to upgrade.

Well technically you are forced.. or you are pushed anyways with the reactivation fee.

Also, I am thinking long term not short term. Short term yes it's a great deal.

But if we talk long term it's going to hurt a lot of customers.

One of the reasons why I didn't renewal all my licenses at vB, was the fact that there was no incentive. It's not like I got 10 or 15% off my renewals fee, if I renewed all of them.

Yes, there are a lot of customers who will not like the fees to reactivate, but the developers want customers to keep their licenses current so they can support the script properly.

PS: vB did charge you extra in the old mode if you did not renew when you reactivated, so this is similar in some ways.

So, if you don't pay the reactivation fee, does the forum shut off or something? Like what cubecart does?
The software will continue to operate as normal. Purchasing it allows you to operate it for as long as you wish; in that sense it is a lifetime purchase.

You will just not have access to upgrades and fixes, nor be able to post in or download attachments from the customer forums.

The software will continue to operate as normal. Purchasing it allows you to operate it for as long as you wish; in that sense it is a lifetime purchase.

You will just not have access to upgrades and fixes, nor be able to post in or download attachments from the customer forums.

Thank you. And that makes perfect sense to me. I see no reason why not.

Top Bottom