Random Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Game Freeze?
Nothing is, but I like my niche sites and I don't really know how to provide an individualized experience per game on my general gaming forum. It's also against the XF ToS to make a subforum/category appear as if it's its own site/forum. I have to purchase a separate license :p

The reason I focus on particular games is because that's what interests my users when I'm playing with them. In the future I probably can't continue this insanity but I feel that GTA will allow me enough activity to justify another forum. Reddead.us does and so Game Freeze eventually will.

I've will utilize the XenSSO or some other option in the future to tie all the accounts into Game Freeze. This allows me to close down a site and migrate the posts *with some effort* back to Game Freeze. That's if anything dramatic happens lol.

@Mike -
watchingyou.webp

Every other week? Every day is closer to the mark, I think :)
I actively choose not to read those threads every day. I can only take so much of it before I'm full. It's an American saying, but I'm sure you've heard of it before. It basically means you're fed up with the BS around you. It's usually why I disappear for weeks at a time. I find my own Shangri-la and just let the stress ooze out.

Some scotch helps as well.

Yahoo has done a good job revamping their mail system. I can now select way more emails than ever before at one time to mark as spam. Really cuts down the time.

92* with 87% humidity outside. Had to run a few errands in the early AM when it was nice and crisp outside. I need to run to the grocery store and get groceries come home and then run to Costco. I really need to, but it's disgusting outside and it's difficult to breathe. Not sure what to do.

I did eventually go to the store. It wasn't bad going, but coming back was an issue. It was humid and warm today as well, but cooled off by at least 7* in the last hour. Rain due tonight through the morning. Says the same for Monday with a chance of t-storms, which is a little worrying. I live in SoCal and we don't get much rain if at all in the summer. This is a freak occurrence because the last time this type of weather occurred was back in the summer of 1998. Oil and other stuff that penetrates asphalt comes out when it rains and makes the roads a bit difficult to drive on. We had rain last week though, not enough to wash away the gunk though.

I was watching a movie and paused it last night. This morning I forgot about it and saw a half of a creepy face in the background and didn't know what it was. Had to screenshot it. Mad random I know.

Screen Shot 2013-07-21 at 10.26.07 AM.webp

Back in the day it was 'No Negros' nowadays it's 'No Homo' what will it be 50 years from now?

Back in the day it was 'No Negros' nowadays it's 'No Homo' what will it be 50 years from now?
There is a vast difference behind the two and for that matter the meaning of the words.

'No Negros' back in the day was 100% a negative thing perpetuated by one or more groups against another on the scale of a whole race.

Now a days the word has different meaning in different circles and is sometimes used negatively by racists and sometimes by others it is used in place of any word like boy, man, dude, guy, in a non-racist and non-weighted way....just another word in the sentence and used by people of all nationalities in the group that use it that way.

People almost exclusively used to use the word homo as a negative against gay people whereas now used in a phrase like 'no homo' it can be translated as 'not to sound gay' and it is not to bash it is really because they are insure about someone thinking they might be gay even if they are not so they postscript what they are saying with it like someone would preface something that may come across harsh with 'not to sound like an ass' which could be translated into a postscript of 'no ***k-head' or something.

/end random response generated by random thought

In answer to your question I think the next no-(insert something) is going to be against a group who organizes themselves formally with or without title rather than against an individuals color, creed, sexual orientation, etc.

Reactions: DRE
No humans... because the apes will have taken over.
There is a vast difference behind the two and for that matter the meaning of the words.

'No Negros' back in the day was 100% a negative thing perpetuated by one or more groups against another on the scale of a whole race.

Now a days the word has different meaning in different circles and is sometimes used negatively by racists and sometimes by others it is used in place of any word like boy, man, dude, guy, in a non-racist and non-weighted way....just another word in the sentence and used by people of all nationalities in the group that use it that way.

People almost exclusively used to use the word homo as a negative against gay people whereas now used in a phrase like 'no homo' it can be translated as 'not to sound gay' and it is not to bash it is really because they are insure about someone thinking they might be gay even if they are not so they postscript what they are saying with it like someone would preface something that may come across harsh with 'not to sound like an ass' which could be translated into a postscript of 'no ***k-head' or something.

/end random response generated by random thought

In answer to your question I think the next no-(insert something) is going to be against a group who organizes themselves formally with or without title rather than against an individuals color, creed, sexual orientation, etc.

I just figured it out.

No Robos

*cue south park meme*

'They took our jobs!'

NoRobots-300x277.jpg

you talkin about three-parent babies? or are you talking about gmo?
The type of human cloning that is illegal now will either be legalized in the future or the law will be amended in such a way that a loophole is created for corporations to take advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom