Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

A big thanks to Eoj for helping me fix the aesthetics of the toolbar on my site (settings)! He did a great job in helping me out.

I was wondering if there would be any way to rate certain ratings more heavily. For instance the Paint Brush one might be 5 positive rating points.

Unfortunately, the "like" (thumbs up) button does sometimes not show up for me and users. What could be the cause?

Unfortunately, the "like" (thumbs up) button does sometimes not show up for me and users. What could be the cause?
The sprite coords could be wrong, the file directory could be wrong, the file could not be uploaded, you could have disabled it, you could have it with permissions.

It could be a lot of things.

Well, it worked previously and nothing changed.

It works for some posts, it doesn't for others Completely random.

Well, it worked previously and nothing changed.

It works for some posts, it doesn't for others Completely random.

Do you have any examples? Your problem can't be solved without showing/giving us information.

Last edited:
You would need to change your rank system to be based on positive ratings received. The likes received is still increased, but only for 'like' ratings.
Hey can you add an option that will let us choose either a forum or subforum whose threads have post ratings, to convert our positive to xenforo likes? I need this feature for three reasons:

Example 1: I am converting a small forum from one xenforo installation to another and I know that post ratings do not have a converter.

Example 2: I am converting a couple threads from my site into @sonnb XenGallery and will need the ratings to be likes so that they will show in the albums.

Example 3: I am converting Xenforo threads to @Rigel Kentaurus Better Blogs addon via an importer from @Daniel Hood

Luke, this:
Code:
/* fix above sig float bug */
.message .messageMeta { margin: 0 !important;}
in dark_postrating.css screws up the layout of our forum messages. We have the
HTML:
<div class="messageMeta messageMeta2">
above messages, and removing the margin moves them right next to the message which looks horrible.
I have had to comment out your above fix.
What are the ramifications of doing so WRT the post ratings system?

Luke could you extend the post ratings system so it can work on other content please? Like Showcases, Events, Blogs etc?

Your going to need both developers working together (I'm assuming) of both respected add-ons. I remember @Syndol & @Bob B collaborating together to bring bookmarks into showcase ( a great example of devs working with each other) so even though Luke may want to include it there may be stuff needed by the other developer to get this working. I'm assuming both devs would need to work together and include this so this may need further clarification from Luke.

Would be good to see post ratings in showcase though.

Reactions: Bob
There is a lot of info here so I may have missed it - if so I apologize. I'm looking for a way (addon or template mod) to get rid of the "... and 5 others like this" and replace the that with ALL likes visible beneath the post. Is this a feature available with this addon?

There is a lot of info here so I may have missed it - if so I apologize. I'm looking for a way (addon or template mod) to get rid of the "... and 5 others like this" and replace the that with ALL likes visible beneath the post. Is this a feature available with this addon?

No, it isn't. But, you could likely accomplish it with a templated edit.

Unfortunately no, not even with template edits

How do I update without losing all my custom style changes? Thanks

You should be able to merge templates similar to a XF update

Luke could you extend the post ratings system so it can work on other content please? Like Showcases, Events, Blogs etc?

I'm afraid this is unlikely to happen any time soon - there's simply too much work involved in supporting other content types

Luke, this:
Code:
/* fix above sig float bug */
.message .messageMeta { margin: 0 !important;}
in dark_postrating.css screws up the layout of our forum messages. We have the
HTML:
<div class="messageMeta messageMeta2">
above messages, and removing the margin moves them right next to the message which looks horrible.
I have had to comment out your above fix.
What are the ramifications of doing so WRT the post ratings system?

As you're using the above sig option, you will encounter the layout bug:

n0d1.png

(note the spacing to the right of quote+reply)

Top Bottom