Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Are you putting http:// at the beginning of these cdn urls?
:(

Tried with, without, and also a little voodoo magic.... ie....

cdn.sociallyuncensored.com
http://cdn.sociallyuncensored.com

And the "voodoo magic" (as I like to call it)

//cdn.sociallyuncensored.com

None of the above work. They all end up trying to route through the same site as the forum (but my images are not on the same site).

So no, this does not work :(

Last edited:
It will go to the paypal email once the order is processed. :)

Hi Oman, I haven't received that email. It must be because I pressed the link that said, click here if it takes longer than 10 seconds.

Update: Luke sent me the email. Apparently I got picked by spam filters. :)

Last edited:
I'd like to disable the rating bar that's displayed in the message user info (the one green and red under the member name). How can I do that?

9e68.png

Luke can you confirm please what happens when two user accounts are merged?
We're finding that the rating totals of the merged user are not reflecting the correct totals.
Is your addon recalculating them for the user after the merge?

Soory not to read all posts here before i ask my question:)

Is there a backend option to disable the "list" button for negative ratings? I think its good for objective ratings when people are anonym, so they do not have to fear any sanctions by the bad rated person.

Thanks so much for the great addon. I just need the answer, and when there is a easy way for my user to be anonymous i definately buy that plugin.

Regards, René
Same here
Is it possible to anonymize negative ratings?

Luke can you confirm please what happens when two user accounts are merged?
We're finding that the rating totals of the merged user are not reflecting the correct totals.
Is your addon recalculating them for the user after the merge?

There is no code to handle user merging in realtime, you would need to recalculate totals

I assume you're still running with the 'like rating' option set to 'disabled' in which case: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...the-next-level-paid.28475/page-85#post-629004

Same here
Is it possible to anonymize negative ratings?

You could do this with template edits, but it's quite a good idea so I will be adding a proper option for it at some point

:(

Tried with, without, and also a little voodoo magic.... ie....

cdn.sociallyuncensored.com
http://cdn.sociallyuncensored.com

And the "voodoo magic" (as I like to call it)

//cdn.sociallyuncensored.com

None of the above work. They all end up trying to route through the same site as the forum (but my images are not on the same site).

So no, this does not work :(

I'm using a cdn for rating images on my forum with no issues

Simply edit dark_postrating_input, _output and _detail, and add your CDN url to before all instances of styles/dark/ratings/

There is no code to handle user merging in realtime, you would need to recalculate totals

I assume you're still running with the 'like rating' option set to 'disabled' in which case: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...the-next-level-paid.28475/page-85#post-629004

Display likes as ratings on user profiles and Display rating counts in place of like counts are both enabled.
(The whole point for is to replace the likes system with post ratings and add Thanks and some others)
Will you be able to recalculate for members when they are merged? This is the right time to do it as recalculating post rating totals for 300,000 accounts takes a hell of a long time.

Display likes as ratings on user profiles and Display rating counts in place of like counts are both enabled.
(The whole point for is to replace the likes system with post ratings and add Thanks and some others)
Will you be able to recalculate for members when they are merged? This is the right time to do it as recalculating post rating totals for 300,000 accounts takes a hell of a long time.

Those options are not important, I'm checking if you still have this set to disabled:

hn50.png

If so you're fine to run those queries I linked to recount everything, don't use the ACP recount feature

Those options are not important, I'm checking if you still have this set to disabled:

hn50.png

If so you're fine to run those queries I linked to recount everything, don't use the ACP recount feature
Ah sorry. The Like rating is set to Like. There are lots of placed where people can like content (Showcases etc) and I'm assuming I need the above set in order for them to count as Likes in the post ratings system.

Ah sorry. The Like rating is set to Like. There are lots of placed where people can like content (Showcases etc) and I'm assuming I need the above set in order for them to count as Likes in the post ratings system.

That's true yep

I assume you got the ACP recount feature to run correctly in the end then? You'll unfortunately have to use it as the interop with XF likes can't be done in a standalone query

Erm. Jake ran it. I assume we just have to run these SQL queries?
insert ignore into xfavforums.dark_postrating select null, vbulletin.post_thanks.postid, vbulletin.post_thanks.userid, vbulletin.post.userid, 5, date from vbulletin.post_thanks left join vbulletin.post on (vbulletin.post.postid = vbulletin.post_thanks.postid);
truncate table dark_postrating_count;

insert into dark_postrating_count
(user_id, rating, count_received) (
SELECT rated_user_id, rating, count(*) as count_received
FROM dark_postrating
inner join xf_post on dark_postrating.post_id = xf_post.post_id
where rated_user_id is not null and rated_user_id > 0 and xf_post.message_state = 'visible'
group by rated_user_id, rating
) on duplicate key update dark_postrating_count.count_received = values(count_received);

insert into dark_postrating_count
(user_id, rating, count_given) (
SELECT dark_postrating.user_id, rating, count(*) as count_given
FROM dark_postrating
inner join xf_post on dark_postrating.post_id = xf_post.post_id
where xf_post.message_state = 'visible'
group by dark_postrating.user_id, rating
) on duplicate key update dark_postrating_count.count_given = values(count_given);

Can anyone assist me with properly installing the plugin? I have already tried once with a fresh Xenforo install and I could never get the plugin to show up even after adjusting the group permissions for using the Post Ratings. Is there anywhere else this plugin needs to be configured? The install instructions are pretty lax as to what is needed to be setup to show the plugin/ratings option. Also when manually setting some of the ratings gifs to the file names they would just disappear from the ratings menu even though the name and path were correct?!?

Can anyone assist me with properly installing the plugin? I have already tried once with a fresh Xenforo install and I could never get the plugin to show up even after adjusting the group permissions for using the Post Ratings. Is there anywhere else this plugin needs to be configured? The install instructions are pretty lax as to what is needed to be setup to show the plugin/ratings option. Also when manually setting some of the ratings gifs to the file names they would just disappear from the ratings menu even though the name and path were correct?!?

Check your PM.

Top Bottom