Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

How would I go about showing the ratings images and count on thread titles like on these pages?

http://www.gamingmasters.org/forums/welcome-wagon.91/

Or similar to this

http://slickdeals.net/deals/
See the option 'Minimum ratings for thread list top rating'

@Luke Foreman according to our host, this query which ran on the server last night was hanging for some time, breaking AVForums:

Does this query look ok to you? Any ideas why it would hang?

For it to hang for any significant length of time there would have to be a bug or misconfiguration in mysql, as it's not a particularly unusual query

Is the table definitely in InnoDB format? (should be visible in phpmyadmin or similar)

Not sure if anyone has encountered this but, this does not work with SONNB live topic, when the live topic adds a new post to the page, it doesnt add it with the post rating bar. It also seems to be disabling likes or all ratings for people on tapatalk as well.

Not sure if anyone has encountered this but, this does not work with SONNB live topic, when the live topic adds a new post to the page, it doesnt add it with the post rating bar. It also seems to be disabling likes or all ratings for people on tapatalk as well.

I think it would probably be the job of the developers of those add ons to make them work with post ratings. Unlikely to happen with tapatalk, but if you asked @sonnb , he may help you with it.

Is there a simple way to have these statistics show up in the user message info block in each message?

Yep, there's a couple of style properties you can enable under the category 'Message Elements'

Support would have to be manually added for that, I'll look into it.

Tapatalk compatibility is currently a bit of a hack, but I've checked the latest 1.9.0 version of the Tapatalk plugin and nothing has changed that would have broken it. You may have a buggy addon that is not correctly chaining XenForo_Model_Post:: preparePost - this will break certain parts of Post Ratings such as Tapatalk compatibility and possibly skew the number of xf likes on a post

Dark can you just show this?

9e68.png

Without all the extra buttons?
Example just the "Agree and Disagree" without funny, wizard, useful etc...

Dark can you just show this?

9e68.png

Without all the extra buttons?
Example just the "Agree and Disagree" without funny, wizard, useful etc...

Yes, you can select per usergroup what buttons that group can use. So just set all groups to Agree and Disagree only.

How to limit number of ratings that user can give in a day? I've just installed ratings and some people started to spam with rating over forums. Thanks.

I think the zip may be corrupted.

I tried downloading it from my email, the first time using my download manager. WinRar said unexpected end of zip, and the 1.2 folder wasn't in there.

I then tried downloading again without the download manager (I have had issues with it before), and I had the same issue.

Could you resend it?

Liam

Does this allow a user to receive trophy points per each action? For example, add 1 point for each like received. Add 2 points for each "wonderful" received. Subtract 1 point for each negative rating, and so forth.

I think the zip may be corrupted.

I tried downloading it from my email, the first time using my download manager. WinRar said unexpected end of zip, and the 1.2 folder wasn't in there.

I then tried downloading again without the download manager (I have had issues with it before), and I had the same issue.

Could you resend it?

Liam

Resent now :)

Does this allow a user to receive trophy points per each action? For example, add 1 point for each like received. Add 2 points for each "wonderful" received. Subtract 1 point for each negative rating, and so forth.

That is not quite how trophy points work - the only way to receive them is to be awarded a trophy

First of all I like the add-on. Thank you for making it in the first place.

My intention is to use this more or less how the reddit.com points system works. I simplified it by only having thumbs up and thumbs down votes available.
I utilize the "Hide post after x negative ratings" option. One thing I am missing is the ability to get a post bumped back into visibility after it receives enough up votes to even out the negative votes. Example: 2 negative points get a post minimized. Post gets votes with 2 negatives and 5 positives it still is hidden.

I would like to see the sum of all positive and all negative points be used so in my example it would be -2 and +5 = +3 points = post is visible.

Can this be added perhaps as an option for those that like to go about it this way and perhaps leave the current way for legacy support.

PayPal Conversion Rate as of Dec 18, 2013: 1 U.S. Dollar = 0.597428 British Pounds

20GBP is only around 12.22USD... Yet, when I go to buy it on paypal it says it's $33.83 or something along those lines in USD... What?

on top of that, BitDefender blocked the link you have linked to the buy button, so I had to ignore it to be redirected to your site which redirected me to paypal...

PayPal Conversion Rate as of Dec 18, 2013: 1 U.S. Dollar = 0.597428 British Pounds

20GBP is only around 12.22USD... Yet, when I go to buy it on paypal it says it's $33.83 or something along those lines in USD... What?

on top of that, BitDefender blocked the link you have linked to the buy button, so I had to ignore it to be redirected to your site which redirected me to paypal...

No. 20 GBP is $33.83. Check the calculation again! :)

Top Bottom