Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Is this one of your icons?

V0ZHhf.png

If so, I see it, but they are in a different location, likely due to the like/share/ everywhere add-on.

You have it set to 3, which is default. Until you get 3 of the same rating, it isn't going to show.

8q589c.png

Post Ratings Options

Luke, I turned mine on and the users went feral against the Neutral and Negative Likes so I had to disable it till I could just arrange it all to have Positive Likes...just as an extension of the current Likes system...anyway, by just having Positive Likes, is there any way I can remove the "+" i.e. the positive symbol, before the total number of Positive Likes?...thanks

Yes see templates dark_postrating_member_card and/or dark_postrating_member_info

Hi Luke,

Great add-on you have here, if I can get it to work properly in my threads.

The new post ratings system doesn't show any options to rate. I was reading to see if I had a settings issue but I can't find the problem. I don't have any user groups whitelisted so I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. Ratings are also displayed in the user profile correctly but just not showing up to user can actually use the system.

HELP!!!

LOL ;)

Hi Luke,

Great add-on you have here, if I can get it to work properly in my threads.

The new post ratings system doesn't show any options to rate. I was reading to see if I had a settings issue but I can't find the problem. I don't have any user groups whitelisted so I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. Ratings are also displayed in the user profile correctly but just not showing up to user can actually use the system.

HELP!!!

LOL ;)

Might depend on your theme, if you have TMS installed, a few different things. Location chose to display, etc.

As long as registered users and admins have perms, you should be able to see them...

I didn't at first :) but it's now the old Xenforo likes that were already gathered before the addon.

I still have an issue...

The option for members to choose any rating for the thread and posts aren't showing anywhere I hover.

Do I still have a setting issue or something?

I didn't at first :) but it's now the old Xenforo likes that were already gathered before the addon.

I still have an issue...

The option for members to choose any rating for the thread and posts aren't showing anywhere I hover.

I might be able to help if I could see... hard for me to do anything like this... if you are comfortable giving me AdminCP access, I can take a look... if not, I am sure Luke will do all he can do to help when he is available.

I might be able to help if I could see... hard for me to do anything like this... if you are comfortable giving me AdminCP access, I can take a look... if not, I am sure Luke will do all he can do to help when he is available.

Gave you admin details to see what's wrong Stewart. ;-)

Just upgraded to the new 1.5.0 version. Everything works well except for when I try to access any of the following: Ratings Received, Ratings Given, People You Follow, People You Ignore pages, I get this errors:

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/folder/public_html/domain.com/library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Account.php on line 86

I've double-checked and all new files have been uploaded to the server. I see the new version number and the new options. What did I miss? Thanks!

Just upgraded to the new 1.5.0 version. Everything works well except for when I try to access any of the following: Ratings Received, Ratings Given, People You Follow, People You Ignore pages, I get this errors:

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/folder/public_html/domain.com/library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Account.php on line 86

I've double-checked and all new files have been uploaded to the server. I see the new version number and the new options. What did I miss? Thanks!

Try reuploading the file noted in the error, that would suggest it has been truncated near the end

I still have an issue...

The most common causes are not performing the template edits/not having TMS installed and not setting the permissions correctly

Luke, I have a suggestion. Currently you can use one rating as a replacement for xenforo's default likes, right? It would be cool if we can use more than one rating as a replacement of likes. Because on my board I won't allow negative and neutral ratings. All ratings should equal one like. For example if someone is rated 5x informative and 5x funny this would mean he got 10 xenforo likes, and so on. The advantage of this is that those likes will survive a future xenforo update. What do you think?

Top Bottom