Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Oh didn't realise that was what you meant, that relies on the built in hook message_user_info_extra, assuming you have the style property enabled.
Yes, that was what I was talking about. :P
The hook is there, and it worked fine up until the 1.2.0 upgrade. I am having similar issues with the Twitter Auth button not using the hook too though. :/
It has me confounded trying to figure out why it's doing this.

Yes, that was what I was talking about. :p
The hook is there, and it worked fine up until the 1.2.0 upgrade. I am having similar issues with the Twitter Auth button not using the hook too though. :/

Not sure what the problem might be, I'm using TMS and that hook works fine

It could be a bug in TMS perhaps, might be worth uninstalling it and applying the manual template edits. Nothing related to that hook changed in 1.2.0

I have an idea: What about setting a permission or option up to have people be able to select multiple ratings? Or, up to a certain number of ratings? For instance: an admin will be ale to select up to 3 ratings for a post, a moderator 2, etc.

I have an idea: What about setting a permission or option up to have people be able to select multiple ratings? Or, up to a certain number of ratings? For instance: an admin will be ale to select up to 3 ratings for a post, a moderator 2, etc.

I looked into allowing multiple ratings previously, it's not really feasible without complicating performance and UI

I looked into allowing multiple ratings previously, it's not really feasible without complicating performance and UI

I think that is a good call. (y)

Being a person liking of the default like system due to it's implementation & cleanliness in looks i didn't think i'd consider wanting to use this add-on. Now, I'm seriously considering this add-on after using it at another forum i admin participate on and finding myself wanting to express my liking for a post to more than a like and this add-on serves that very well.

I'm just curious DI on the chance you use a vast amount of rating icons (I'm referring to the post listing) are the ratings cut off after x amount or do they happen to break onto a new line within the rating container? Thought I'd ask since I'm designing my own custom rating icons and I can see myself designing a vast amount and using them if it doesn't compromise the look or looks untidy and/or cluttered.

I think that is a good call. (y)

Being a person liking of the default like system due to it's implementation & cleanliness in looks i didn't think i'd consider wanting to use this add-on. Now, I'm seriously considering this add-on after using it at another forum i admin participate on and finding myself wanting to express my liking for a post to more than a like and this add-on serves that very well.

I'm just curious DI on the chance you use a vast amount of rating icons (I'm referring to the post listing) are the ratings cut off after x amount or do they happen to break onto a new line within the rating container? Thought I'd ask since I'm designing my own custom rating icons and I can see myself designing a vast amount and using them if it doesn't compromise the look or looks untidy and/or cluttered.

Ends up something like this after messing around in firebug :p

wo7f.png

If you're going for a huge number of ratings, might need some minor css tweaks

Yes, that was what I was talking about. :p

Just upgraded and have the same problem. Missing rating counts in posts. I don't use TMS and it worked before the upgrade. I have all the manual template edits.

Is there an edit or quick fix we can use until this gets sorted out?

Just upgraded and have the same problem. Missing rating counts in posts. I don't use TMS and it worked before the upgrade. I have all the manual template edits.

Is there an edit or quick fix we can use until this gets sorted out?

The rating counts style property was accidentally made default enabled in the version before 1.2.0, you probably need to enable it manually:

vk5j.png

Dark, are the permissions working correctly? They don't seem to be on mine.

I have one usergroup set to:
olvPCT.png

The next (upgraded) is this:
UZB0iz.png

However, both accounts have the ability to "undo" their ratings.

Dark, are the permissions working correctly? They don't seem to be on mine.

I have one usergroup set to:
olvPCT.png

The next (upgraded) is this:
UZB0iz.png

However, both accounts have the ability to "undo" their ratings.

Undo is controlled by the first permission, would you like that to be a separate permission?

Delete allows moderators to delete anyone's rating by clicking the X in the list view

Ahhh, so as I have it, the second usergroup I have could go in and delete anyone's ratings.... :sneaky:o_O Hah.

Well, I guess a request would be like you said above. A seperate permission to allow individual groups to have the ability to undo their rating. Once they rate it, it stays. Unless they have "permission" to undo it.

Make sense?

Ahhh, so as I have it, the second usergroup I have could go in and delete anyone's ratings.... :sneaky:o_O Hah.

Well, I guess a request would be like you said above. A seperate permission to allow individual groups to have the ability to undo their rating. Once they rate it, it stays. Unless they have "permission" to undo it.

Make sense?

Yeah I'll make that happen for the next update :)

Hi Darkimmortal,

Can I ask for another enhancement to the next update please? At the moment you have the mod not display any negative ratings if they are deleted from the system, can you change it to also not include ratings of a particular type if they are all set to disabled? I don't want to delete anything as I may refer to or activate them at a later date and don't want to have to recreate them from scratch.

Top Bottom