Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Has anyone had any success with the latest version and trophies? I noticed the option in the ACP and it is enabled. I had a few trophies defined based on number of positive ratings received, ran the cron entry to update trophies, updated user cache as well (and recount ratings), but it seems to ignore the post ratings still. XF did award a new trophy I added during testing for 3k posts though, and when I ran the cron trophy update it did grant myself that trophy, but it didn't grant me any of the positive post rating trophies that I defined that I should have earned.

Seems to be an elusive bug with that, it works fine on both my test forum which has pretty much every addon in common with my live forum and on a fresh install, but having just tested it doesn't work on my live forum. I'll dig deeper and get a fix out asap :)

I cannot, for the life of me, get this to show up in the Xenfracture theme (Dark). Not exactly sure what edits need to be done. I have it on Aurora, all is working, but with this other theme, it just isn't happening. Any help?

I am a tool. Nevermind. hah.

Seems to be an elusive bug with that, it works fine on both my test forum which has pretty much every addon in common with my live forum and on a fresh install, but having just tested it doesn't work on my live forum. I'll dig deeper and get a fix out asap :)
Well this is interesting... I was just awarded a trophy for the ratings... out of the blue, I didn't change anything. It appears to have just magically started working... gonna do some tests.

Edit: added another rating trophy that I already exceeded the criteria for, manually ran the cron, and I got the trophy. Very weird that it's all of the sudden working despite me upgrading the same day the latest version was available.

I am having this problem too. Maybe the criteria ignores likes?

Well this is interesting... I was just awarded a trophy for the ratings... out of the blue, I didn't change anything. It appears to have just magically started working... gonna do some tests.

Edit: added another rating trophy that I already exceeded the criteria for, manually ran the cron, and I got the trophy. Very weird that it's all of the sudden working despite me upgrading the same day the latest version was available.
Seems to only work for some users and not others. Got a user that earned 78 positive ratings and wasn't awarded the 75+ positive rating trophy, recounted, ran the cron, waited a day or two, no dice. Not sure what's up but I guess we're not out of the woods yet.

Seems to only work for some users and not others. Got a user that earned 78 positive ratings and wasn't awarded the 75+ positive rating trophy, recounted, ran the cron, waited a day or two, no dice. Not sure what's up but I guess we're not out of the woods yet.

The promotion criteria ignores likes. I am hoping Darkimmortal can fix this.

Is that it? It crossed my mind but I didn't bother looking into his stats to see if his was mostly likes or not. Looking at it now, if I subtract his likes he's definitely under 75. Interesting.

I know it is even though I didn't bother digging into the code because:
  • Likes are stored in a different table because Xenforo already has a table for them so it is possible Darkimmortal forgot to count these in the criteria.
  • I changed one of my promotions from 100 likes to 100 positive ratings and back. The people who lost and regained the promotion all had lots of likes and very few other post ratings.
I'm also wondering if there could be a feature to stop people from spamming negative ratings to every post someone made because of an argument.

Oh, how is the "Show author total received ratings" under the member avatar in post updated? Through an cron job? Right now on the lastest version 1.1.2 it doesn't seem to be updating right away like under the user profile. I tried recounting the ratings, but no luck. I have APC Cache running on my server, could that be the reason?

Thanks once again!

Dark, did you find anything on this? Also, I noticed that under thread view the number of ratings are different than when you view it under conversation view.

Here is a screenshot of the same user, notice the two different counts:

thread_view
thread_view.webp

conversation_view
conversation_view.webp

Dark, did you find anything on this? Also, I noticed that under thread view the number of ratings are different than when you view it under conversation view.

thread_view
View attachment 26909

conversation_view
View attachment 26908
I've noticed a similar oddity but it involved a different addon, XenStaff, so I've ignored it for the time being since it could be an issue with XenStaff and not post ratings, I have no idea. The members listed on XenStaff has very low rating counts, they don't match the counts anywhere else. The post and trophy point counts in that area are accurate though.

20120309231051801.jpeg

20120309231113383.jpeg

That would explain it! Thank you for tracking down the issue :)

thread_view
View attachment 26909

conversation_view
View attachment 26908

It must be fetching the data for likes only and not joining on the ratings table, I'll get that fixed

I've noticed a similar oddity but it involved a different addon, XenStaff, so I've ignored it for the time being since it could be an issue with XenStaff and not post ratings, I have no idea. The members listed on XenStaff has very low rating counts, they don't match the counts anywhere else. The post and trophy point counts in that area are accurate though.

20120309231051801.jpeg

20120309231113383.jpeg
Just dawned on me what it was doing, especially with bottiger's posts. The Count on the Staff page is just the Like count. In that screenshot I had 66 Like ratings. I guess I need to edit the XenStaff addon somehow so it can read all the rating counts...

The current Staff_Index template is basically just including the member_list_item template which is what contains the dark_member_list_info hook.
<xen:foreach loop="$staffuserinfo" value="$user">

<xen:if is="{$staffgroupsuserid.user_id} == {$user.user_id}">

<xen:include template="member_list_item">
<xen:set var="$noOverlay">1</xen:set>
</xen:include>

</xen:if>

</xen:foreach>

Is there something I can edit, perhaps in the EventListener, so that rating counts work properly on the Staff addon?

1) Mispelling Replace 'Likes You've Recieved' page
1) How do I remove the rating display under the member card on postbit?

Wpka0g.png

No clue what is wrong. Didn't have this before the update, but didn't show correct amounts either....

Is it from not having any "neutral" ratings, or having them all removed?

Meh, it is.

I have no NEUTRAL ratings on my site. Created one, now the error goes away. I hope this will be edited as well. We have no use for the neutral rating.

Top Bottom