Resource icon

Post Content Find / Replace 1.0.0

No permission to download

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
Kier submitted a new resource:

Post Content Find / Replace (version 1.0.0) - Allows an administrator to do a regular expression find and replace in the content of all posts.

This is a very simple add-on I put together in order to allow an administrator to do a regular expression find and replace in the content of all posts.

It was written in order to find all instances of a custom BB code tag for embedding YouTube video in an imported posts, and convert them to XenForo's [media=youtube] tag automatically.

The interface is simple - you have three text fields and a checkbox.

View attachment 42172

The first is a simple text search,...

Read more about this resource...

Tried to replace some bbcodes. I just used your expression but I uncheked the box to test the feature. I got the list with all the changes and then checked the box. I launch replacement once again but I get the same page, with no changes, just the list of replacement. I made this several times, no changes.

Fantastic!

I'd like to know who pilots the "Kier" robot overnight. Obviously someone pilots it during the day to write the XenForo code, but clearly someone else must pilot it overnight to write addons as well! :)

Thanks Kier for making this. Finally no more [ame] and properly embedded video!

Can this work as the "relevant replacement" feature as in vB? I want to replace certain text with images or links or other text automatically when posted. Would I simply fill in the "quick find" and "replacement field"?

Is this something you run every once in a while, or it'll run as a cron job occasionally after the first run?

Is it permanent, or temporary (like the Replacement Variable Manager in vB)?

This tool is to permanently replace post content after import, for example if you wanted to replace a BBCode tag, so it would only be run once for each instance.

It's a one time think.

Old vBulletin AME plugin made youtube links like:

[ame=http://youtube ETC] title [/ame]

this tool lets you convert this after the import to:

[media=youtube]HASH[/media]

Run it once, and you're done.

Only install this when you need it, disable it or uninstall it when you're done.

That's very fine. :)
Until now i must running after import 28 querys direct to the DB for correction's :oops:

It is so interesting that should be included in the Beta 2 by default ;)
It has been released as an add-on so those who wish/need to use it are able to.
I don't see the need to make it a core feature as a lot of owners will never make use of it, or if they do it will be only once after importing.

Top Bottom