Persistent Alerts

Persistent Alerts [Paid] 1.3.1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Hey Xon, there's one minor thing in the User Alerts option description for unread alerts:

"Instead of alerting on every reply, only alert if there are unread alerts." should be "*no* unread alerts ;)
I realised after the release I need to make it swap the phrase used when that option is activated. I'll release an update for that in the next day or so :D

I realised after the release I need to make it swap the phrase used when that option is activated. I'll release an update for that in the next day or so :D

Hey Xon, I'm getting pairs of server errors whenever user tries to post, only with one thread (it's a big thread), with this addon enabled, and the option for user preference disabled (everyone is opted into persistent alerts):

First error:
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: latestPosts - library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php:34
Generated By: nshuman, 11 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(34): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/talkbass/...', 34, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(105): SV_PersistentAlert_XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->_getPreviousPost(Object(LiamW_LoginAsUser_Extend_Model_User), Array, Array)
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(183): SV_PersistentAlert_XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->getUsersWatchingThread(1045244, 36)
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(132): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(164): SV_PersistentAlert_XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/KeywordAlert/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(52): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): KeywordAlert_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#7 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdCache/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(17): WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#8 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/DeadlockAvoidance/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(53): bdCache_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#9 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/DeadlockAvoidance/DataWriter.php(36): SV_DeadlockAvoidance_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->{closure}()
#10 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/DeadlockAvoidance/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(16): SV_DeadlockAvoidance_DataWriter::exitTransaction(true)
#11 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(578): SV_DeadlockAvoidance_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save()
#12 /home/talkbass/html/library/sonnbUpThread/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(79): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#13 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): sonnbUpThread_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#14 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#15 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#16 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(96) "https://www.talkbass.com/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins.1045244/add-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins_1045244/add-reply"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(854) "<p>[QUOTE="BartmanPDX, post: 19114936, member: 52147"]My comment was less about how it will end up looking or resale value and more about the nature of sanding and woodwork -- you can remove it, but you can't add it back once it's gone.</p><p><br></p><p>So basically I'd have no issue with taking a belt sander to it, but I'd just do it a bit at a time, and probably even gig it once or twice before I redid the finish on it just to make sure it was where I wanted it.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>@Alien8 on everything else, I think it's worth it. I had a lot of work done in my Eastwood Classic 4 and I will one day get it rewired. I have changed the pickups, bridge, and nut so far. It was not cheap, but it now plays a lot better and looks great. I would have done the pickups myself and would rewire it, but the semi hollow part makes it a pain."
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(96) "https://www.talkbass.com/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins.1045244/page-5174"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "8eebedf939b7369df50df9420a8b2d46"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1471971926"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1471971926"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(72) "/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins.1045244/page-5174"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Along with:

Code:
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php:34
Generated By: nshuman, 12 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(34): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/talkbass/...', 34, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(105): SV_PersistentAlert_XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->_getPreviousPost(Object(LiamW_LoginAsUser_Extend_Model_User), Array, Array)
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(183): SV_PersistentAlert_XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->getUsersWatchingThread(1045244, 36)
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(132): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(164): SV_PersistentAlert_XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/KeywordAlert/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(52): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): KeywordAlert_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#7 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdCache/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(17): WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#8 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/DeadlockAvoidance/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(53): bdCache_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#9 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/DeadlockAvoidance/DataWriter.php(36): SV_DeadlockAvoidance_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->{closure}()
#10 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/DeadlockAvoidance/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(16): SV_DeadlockAvoidance_DataWriter::exitTransaction(true)
#11 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(578): SV_DeadlockAvoidance_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save()
#12 /home/talkbass/html/library/sonnbUpThread/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(79): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#13 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): sonnbUpThread_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#14 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#15 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#16 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(96) "https://www.talkbass.com/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins.1045244/add-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins_1045244/add-reply"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(854) "<p>[QUOTE="BartmanPDX, post: 19114936, member: 52147"]My comment was less about how it will end up looking or resale value and more about the nature of sanding and woodwork -- you can remove it, but you can't add it back once it's gone.</p><p><br></p><p>So basically I'd have no issue with taking a belt sander to it, but I'd just do it a bit at a time, and probably even gig it once or twice before I redid the finish on it just to make sure it was where I wanted it.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>@Alien8 on everything else, I think it's worth it. I had a lot of work done in my Eastwood Classic 4 and I will one day get it rewired. I have changed the pickups, bridge, and nut so far. It was not cheap, but it now plays a lot better and looks great. I would have done the pickups myself and would rewire it, but the semi hollow part makes it a pain."
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(96) "https://www.talkbass.com/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins.1045244/page-5174"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "8eebedf939b7369df50df9420a8b2d46"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1471971926"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1471971926"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(72) "/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins.1045244/page-5174"
  }
}

On the front end, whenever user tries to post to this thread they get a "A server error occured. Please try again later." popup - but their post DOES go through.

Again, this is only happening with this one megathread (5174 pages, with a ton of watchers). Is my server just wigging out from the mass of alerts needing to be sent?

edit for additional info:
If I turn ON the user pref option (opt into persistent alerts), then this error situation goes away. If I myself opt into persistent alerts, the error situation still goes away. So I'm figuring it must be when everyone is opted into to p. alerts, there are just too many?

Last edited:
@kontrabass this is a bug due to a missed variable rename.

@Xon installed the update, now we're getting a new error:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: autoReadDate - library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php:107
Generated By: nshuman, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(107): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/talkbass/...', 107, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(183): SV_PersistentAlert_XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->getUsersWatchingThread(1045244, 36)
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/PersistentAlert/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(133): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(164): SV_PersistentAlert_XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/KeywordAlert/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(52): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): KeywordAlert_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdCache/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(17): WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#7 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/DeadlockAvoidance/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(53): bdCache_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#8 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/DeadlockAvoidance/DataWriter.php(36): SV_DeadlockAvoidance_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->{closure}()
#9 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/DeadlockAvoidance/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(16): SV_DeadlockAvoidance_DataWriter::exitTransaction(true)
#10 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(578): SV_DeadlockAvoidance_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save()
#11 /home/talkbass/html/library/sonnbUpThread/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(79): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#12 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): sonnbUpThread_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#13 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(114) "<p>[QUOTE="JonnyAngle, post: 19117064, member: 131745"]Thanks[/QUOTE]</p><p><br></p><p>"You're"" ""welcome""."</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(96) "https://www.talkbass.com/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins.1045244/page-5177"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "79d4badecede7798cb62bfb88ecdde51"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1472007019"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1472007019"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(72) "/threads/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-part-ii-biggins.1045244/page-5177"
  }
}

;)

Hi Xon, does your update now group the alerts together? If not, are you planning to implement this? Thanks.

How do I get the update? I got this via Daniel, as you can see form the thread. I checked your site but its not flagging my emails etc?

I don't want to have to buy again

@SEOmers

You will need to signup to my site, then follow the process described in this thread.

I didn't have a cart key from memory - I have the paypal transaction '
21420445F64714908

And you can see I was one of the first to buy this as well, the thread shows that

I've gone through all of my emails and never had a cart key, I can't remember what site I got it via either now.

Can you please fix this issue with the transaction detail above so I can update please

Last edited:
You need to signup on my website, and provide a screenshot of that paypal transaction's content via conversation.

I can then assign a licence to you, but I can't do that until you have an account on my site.

You need to signup on my website, and provide a screenshot of that paypal transaction link via conversation.

I can then assign a licence to you, but I can't do that until you have an account on my site.

My user is, on your site
seomers

Paypal

Last edited:
Thank you @Xon
Can you explain litlle more the option "Persistants Alert, only alert on no unread alerts" ?

I don't understand how it workes.
For example if someone answer a thread naturaly there will be an unread message for the others followers, so it will not change anything if the option is checked?

Top Bottom