Osama Bin Laden is dead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i saw the footage of american ppl celebrating osamas death i feel uncomfortable, mainly they are celebrating someone else death, although i can understand their reason for doing it. I still think osama should at least deserve a trial instead of getting shot instantly. why is that a difference compare to saddam who did get a trial?

Bin Laden already admitted himself, of his own free will, to being guilty. Other than that, even if he would somehow be brought to justice, which judge could possibly claim to be impartial?

I don't blame the Americans for celebrating, morbid as it might seem, though. Bin Laden to them is the embodiment of evil. Sure, they could have shown regret for taking his life, but why would one be forced to be tolerant towards the intolerant?

The Associated Press puts the death toll in Iraq at 110,600 deaths since 2003, ponder that!!!

I normally rubbish all conspiracy theories, but someone asked me to watch a video and I have to admit that this presents very compelling arguments. God knows what happened on 9/11

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I normally rubbish all conspiracy theories, but someone asked me to watch a video and I have to admit that this presents very compelling arguments. God knows what happened on 9/11

Yeah well you should continue to rubbish them. As for the video...... pppffftttt...

Long live the beard!!! The freeze dried, marinaded in salty sea water beard. It's all about the beard imo, it's innocent. :cry:

Difference is that Saddam wasn't shooting when the US came for him!
Exerpt from article by Reuters via Yahoo News:
"U.S. officials have said a small U.S. strike team, dropped by helicopter to bin Laden's hide-out near the Pakistani capital of Islamabad under cover of night, shot the al Qaeda leader dead with bullets to the chest and head. He did not return fire."

It looks like Strike Team didn't have order to capture him alive. And Osama wasn't using a woman as a shield as it was reported earlier.

It bring to attention a broader question of whether human rights apply to terrorists like Osama or not. I personally think he should've been tried in the court of law for killing scores of innocent people worldwide and incarcerated for good. It would show all his supporters that the guy is nothing more than a criminal hiding behind religion mantra.

It really doesn't matter if he fired back or not, if he was holding a weapon, he's a legit target. Either way, I would have rather they used a spoon.

The Associated Press puts the death toll in Iraq at 110,600 deaths since 2003, ponder that!!!
The brutal truth is that there will never be justice for thousands of murdered Iraqi civilians.
Morale: First class countries have first class citizens. Third world countries have third class citizens.

ugh, don't even get me started on that B.S. I can deal with it being offline. I am NOT happy about my PI being in the hands of an unethical hacker.

It's a joke mate :P Yet, I an unhappy with it too. But don't worry, Credit Card info is not taken by the hackers. Your PI is, but it doesn't really matter that much I guess...

It's a joke mate :p Yet, I an unhappy with it too. But don't worry, Credit Card info is not taken by the hackers. Your PI is, but it doesn't really matter that much I guess...
lol yes, I know it was a joke. Was just saying that the whole situation was crap. The email they sent out said that they can't rule out the possibility of CC data being taken. So that is still a concern. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom