Osama Bin Laden is dead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On topic, OBL is declared dead. I think this will have a tremendous boost to Obama's re-election campaign. Such a happy coincidence for OBL to show himself right on time when the US election season is just beginning. :)
You are just so wrong. People's memories are short. Ask people what year 9/11 happened and I bet most won't know. I bet there are people that don't even know the month that 9/11 happened.
If this was a coincidence it would have not have been announced until next year, closer to the next election.

You are just so wrong. People's memories are short. Ask people what year 9/11 happened and I bet most won't know. I bet there are people that don't even know the month that 9/11 happened.

Do you really think that most people have that short of a memory. If they were alive, and aware, when 9/11 happened, they remember. ;)

On topic, OBL is declared dead. I think this will have a tremendous boost to Obama's re-election campaign. Such a happy coincidence for OBL to show himself right on time when the US election season is just beginning. :)

I sincerely doubt that this is going to improve Obama's chances of being re-elected.
At least I hope not.

All I'm saying is if the President says that a rogue country has WMDs, and could one day be used in terror attacks, and that it is urgent to remove such a threat, quite frankly the country shouldn't give a damn about what the UN says. If Bush is guilty of anything is of deceiving his own people, and lying about the info he had on hand.

So when can we expect an invasion of North Korea and other rogue states that actually have WMDs? And yeah why give a damn about the UN and World opinion, can hardly effect the U.S right? My understanding is that it's a big no no to lie to the American people, apparently not.

Interesting debate currently Downunder on the legalities of removing OBL, if you think it's getting heated here ;)

Damn that SchmitzIT guy didn't know OBL on a personal level? Someone better recall the helicopter stat!

Any word form Charlie yet?

I sincerely doubt that this is going to improve Obama's chances of being re-elected.
At least I hope not.
It's absolutely going to be a huge impact. I have no doubt whatsoever. Consider this, before OBL was killed, Obama's popularity had taken a nosedive. He really did not have much to show for during his tenure. In spite of his grand "Yes we can" and "Change" campaign, no one has seen any change on the ground. Take an example, he said he will close down Guantanamo pretty soon after assuming office. Reality check: Hasn't been Closed! Consider the burgeoning debt situation, the military budget etc. what has changed? Apart from the fact that he is a billion times better speaker than Bush, what difference is there in the previous administration and this one? At least in terms of policies, none.

But consider this, after OBL's death, Obama's ranking has got a boost, people are beginning to see him as someone who can get things done, who can make the world safer etc. The media is known to dig out decade old news to boost or malign presidential campaigns, the OBL episode will hardly need any reminding.

Us releases Bin Laden photograph (very graphic)!!!!!

bin laden.webp

It's absolutely going to be a huge impact. I have no doubt whatsoever. Consider this, before OBL was killed, Obama's popularity had taken a nosedive. He really did not have much to show for during his tenure. In spite of his grand "Yes we can" and "Change" campaign, no one has seen any change on the ground. Take an example, he said he will close down Guantanamo pretty soon after assuming office. Reality check: Hasn't been Closed! Consider the burgeoning debt situation, the military budget etc. what has changed? Apart from the fact that he is a billion times better speaker than Bush, what difference is there in the previous administration and this one? At least in terms of policies, none.
Not much has changed and this might have something to do with the fact that the person sitting in the White House is not exactly the most powerful man in the world (like it is so often said). He might be in theory, but the reality is different.

Personally, I still think Obama had some good intentions before he became president. I also think he acted a bit naive, or maybe not and it was all nothing more than the typical political bs? To be honest, I cannot believe that he himself believed all the "Yes we can" blunder or did he really think he can just enter the White House and change the world as we know it?

But consider this, after OBL's death, Obama's ranking has got a boost, people are beginning to see him as someone who can get things done, who can make the world safer etc.
Sorry, but...

What exactly did Obama contribute to the fate of OBL other than maybe giving a few orders? Which is something any other U.S. politician in the same position would have done anyway.

The real hard (and most likely dangerous) work has been done by others but the media celebrated Obama as if he had scored the head shot.

What exactly did Obama contribute to the fate of OBL other than maybe giving a few orders? Which is something any other U.S. politician in the same position would have done anyway.

The real hard (and most likely dangerous) work has been done by others but the media celebrated Obama as if he had scored the head shot.
yes and it should be mentioned that the praise is dying down rather quickly.

Personally, I don't think he has a chance in hades of being re-elected.
But then, stranger things have happened.

Bush got re-elected... Need I say more! :)

NO comment. :)
I have one....actually a question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1thcO_olHas

Who incriminates themselves for no reason...

Seeing that we brought up 911....
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=090_1301331262

If someone with a pacer account could grab these (ahem :-) ) I would be quite appreciative.
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/circuit-courts/ca2/10-1241/

This is the story of the woman taking them to court
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgeMdOcBGf0

I have one....actually a question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1thcO_olHas

Who incriminates themselves for no reason...
I recall staying up election night and working one of those interactive maps based on exit polls. I created many what if scenerios based on the electorial college vote.
I remember the exit polls not matching the results. Didn't make sense then. Doesn't really matter now.
Would things have been different? Who knows?

As long as voting is not done on and only paper with a valid 1:1 receipt, the votes of the people can never be assured. To me that matters still...call me crazy but if it could be done then it can be done now. paper does not lie and the audit of it can be done conclusively with way less chance of skew. Your right about the past...I don't want to harp on it...I have skeletons in my closet too...all I am saying is things WILL not be different if the corruptible means of tallying votes is still in play.

I agree with you...who knows is a great question...one we very well may not have an answer for in a fashionable time. I am practical in my mind state though. I don't want to go grab the mystery machine and call scoob and the gang up to solve a mystery or anything. I would like for the co-citizens in my country to do their responsibility in helping maintain we the people...and that all starts with a properly regulated voting mechanism. It takes people to say...hey we are NOT dealing with this faulty system and we actually want to select our leader for the next 4. To me allowing this fraudulent electronic voting system to remain in play doesn't make sense and is in the complete disinterest of the population of the US.

Speaking of staying up however...I may need me a cat nap...been a few days since I slept.
<salutes>
Lights out

OK.
Weirdest thing just happened to me.
I saw Elvis and Osama at Burger King.
Elvis had Osama's turban on and Osama was wearing Blue Suede shoes.

Osama AND ELVIS are alive !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom