Oooooo! Sub-Forums! Is that new or am I just blind?

oh...that little arrow looking thing. Thanks

You might want to *really* think how that might help your forum. Many many forums could be buried quite deep and easily accessible from the front page. Each of those subforums could have a product for sale, each with a pay pal button, and discussions could take place for each item, possibly customer service type discussions.

Take a look at the forum home (click the "Forums" link in the top menu bar) then look at XenForo Suggestions or XenForo Bug Reports forum. Then look to the right of the forum name.

ETA: Heh. Multi-tasking, so FAR too slow... :)

I was thinking about it for a local forum someday. Kind of like a local whats happening forum.

Maybe

Local High School
Wrestling team, Basket ball team, Football team (as forums inside of forum.

The clubs in town.

Garden Club, Bicycle Club, Rodeo Club

Maybe locally owned businesses.

Churches
abc, bcd, def, and so on.

Forum with in a forum and have each of the group with their own moderators if the groups wanted a forum.

Count me in... as much as i like the idea of hidden subforums, this is just to much.
What about a textlink in a new line under the mainforum saying "subforms" instead of this ttiny little icon?

So everyone sees "ahh.. there are subforums in this." and it´s not to bloated.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Can you re-phrase?

sorry, I explained very bad :p what i'm asking for are the sub-cats (like sub-forums) ... as you know you can't create sub-cats (onto vB at least you can't visualize/set them as a simple sub-forum), if you need to do something like this, you must create a forum under the primary category (but as you know you can post there - clearly you can close that forum) ...

now it's more comprehensive? :D

Sorkys subforum control manager has 55 options and after years of development it still has various open feature requests.

This. Much better layout tool, esp with being able to give individual forums icons to represent them.

I much prefer being able to layout forumhome using more of the horizontal space... Doing it as a strictly top down is awkward when you have a lot of forums, doing it in columns makes a lot more sense. And adding representational images makes it much more intuitive.

::tosses 2 shiny coins in hat::

But that's the whole point. They are sub forums after all. If you need people to see something a forum at a glance, make it a top level forum. By nesting these forums underneath top (levels 1 and 2) forums, you have by definition relegated them from primary importance, surely?
A lot of us run sites where our most busiest forums are indeed subforums... placed as such due to hierarchical reasons.

I run an american sports site. NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL are my main 4 "forums".
But various team forums within each of those main forums are much more busy than the top level forum.

The current system is very elegant and looks great. Removes a lot of clutter from the forumhome... but it may be a little unpractical for a lot of us.
Maybe make this feature something that can be toggled off and on?

Top Bottom