Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Admin CP -> Applications -> Create New Link Forum

Link-forums redirect to links you specify, and this addon can make the link-forum into a tab. A menu of external links can be implemented as child link-forums of the parent node that is the tab.

Oh cool! Thank you Jake.

Selecting "children as links" made all the difference.

Jake do you think it would be possible to add a feature (I don't think it exists) to this addon to modify the order of existed tabs? For example, I would like to display resources tab before the one of forums. If it's not possible, never mind I will try to do it manually.

Jake do you think it would be possible to add a feature (I don't think it exists) to this addon to modify the order of existed tabs? For example, I would like to display resources tab before the one of forums. If it's not possible, never mind I will try to do it manually.

Admin CP -> Home -> Nodes As Tabs -> Force Order - * Position

These "Force Order" options that are included with this addon are usually sufficient to resolve positioning issues between a node tab and a non-node tab within the same nav position.

Admin CP -> Home -> Nodes As Tabs -> Force Order - * Position

These "Force Order" options that are included with this addon are usually sufficient to resolve positioning issues between a node tab and a non-node tab within the same nav position.
Oh it's not a positioning issue, it's just I would have like the Resource tab to be displayed before the Forum tab. So I don't think modify the order position in the option will allow this (I've tried). But never mind, this request might be to much specific and I guess not many people need it. Thank you anyway for your answer and for your addon.

Hello Jake, just upgraded to 1.2.2 and installed this one. I'd like to recreate a enu like this

forum menu koglife.webp

All the menu options are pages or external links but the menu title "Kog Life" is just a placeholder or separator without any link or page. How can I do this?

@Jake Bunce I have a quick question. Some of my drop-down menus generated by this addon are covering my ad location. Do you know off hand how to decrease the length of secondary drop-down menu and allow scrolling within the menu so it doesn't cover my ad location? I'd greatly appreciate any input you could offer on this.

@Jake Bunce I have a quick question. Some of my drop-down menus generated by this addon are covering my ad location. Do you know off hand how to decrease the length of secondary drop-down menu and allow scrolling within the menu so it doesn't cover my ad location? I'd greatly appreciate any input you could offer on this.

I assume you are talking about a node tab that uses columns in the popup? This addon has special CSS to disable the normal scrolling when columns are being used (because it can create visual weirdness when not all columns scroll). You can remove it:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> nat_public_css.css

Rich (BB code):
/* STYLING TO MAKE COLUMN MENUS WORK */
div.natJSMenuColumns ul
{
	float: left;
	border-bottom: 0px;
	background-color: transparent !important;
	max-height: none !important;
}

Last edited:
I assume you are talking about a node tab that uses columns in the popup? This addon has special CSS to disable the normal scrolling when columns are being used. You can remove it:

Rich (BB code):
/* STYLING TO MAKE COLUMN MENUS WORK */
div.natJSMenuColumns ul
{
    float: left;
    border-bottom: 0px;
    background-color: transparent !important;
    max-height: none !important;
}

Actually no, not the columned popup, I'm not using that - I mean the secondary menu if you sub-sub forums that drops down.

In this screenshot, Workshop is the category, Short Story is the forum, and the contents of the short story drop-down menu are sub-forums that are listed as a drop-down automatically through this addon. That's what I'm refering to.

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 5.33.06 PM.webp

i have a problem here
http://puu.sh/5hKI5.png

if you look i am making new category in the new tabs but i dont want the part where it says

http://puu.sh/5hKKN.png

i dont want members to be able to post new threads in that section i dont want that section to be there !!

is there any way i can remove that ????

That isn't really anything to do with this addon. But probably you should use a category node instead of a forum node. Categories have no threads.

Actually no, not the columned popup, I'm not using that - I mean the secondary menu if you sub-sub forums that drops down.

In this screenshot, Workshop is the category, Short Story is the forum, and the contents of the short story drop-down menu are sub-forums that are listed as a drop-down automatically through this addon. That's what I'm refering to.

View attachment 61211

And you want to shorten it so it doesn't cover the banner underneath? That would be really short. I don't really see that as a problem needing to be fixed. CSS styling would be the way to shorten it, but unfortunately there is not a specific enough selector to style just those sub menus.

Hello Jake, just upgraded to 1.2.2 and installed this one. I'd like to recreate a enu like this

View attachment 60559

All the menu options are pages or external links but the menu title "Kog Life" is just a placeholder or separator without any link or page. How can I do this?

The styling of popup links can be achieved by editing the CSS in this template:

The .natMenuLevel# classes control the popup links.

You can use javascript to remove the link of the parent tab:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs.26687/page-7#post-389478

Also, how can i make one menu option as a submenu of Kog Life like in the pictured menu?

Thanks!

Your picture just shows a tab with child links. Is that all you want? Create a node that is a tab with child nodes for the links. The parent tab would have Depth Of Child Links enabled.

And you want to shorten it so it doesn't cover the banner underneath? That would be really short. I don't really see that as a problem needing to be fixed. CSS styling would be the way to shorten it, but unfortunately there is not a specific enough selector to style just those sub menus.

I wish I didn't have to, but I need to in order to comply with Google Adsense policies (can't have the menu cover the banner - allegedly risk of "accidental clicks").

If I want to do this I can't do so without adjusting the length of all drop-down menu items, including the primarily menu?

Sorry folks if this has been asked before but I couldn't get my head around on some stuff.

I have three categories which I want to gather under one tab, is that possible? Basically what I want is that the user clicks on the navigation tab, it opens with the three categories and it Childs. How should my configuration look like?

I appreciate if anyone could point me to the right direction. Thanks.

Top Bottom