Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Uploaded the files to update to 1.1.4, getting this error:

Undefined index: nat_unreadcount in /var/www/html/forum/library/NodesAsTabs/NavTabs.php on line 146

Just a note that the bugs linked in the latest update are indeed fixed in XenForo 1.1.5. I just tested it. Though you may have to revert these templates if they are customized in order to take advantage of the fixes:

navigation
navigation.css

This is really amazing addon, but is there any chance to actually display the ROOT NODE as a tab? Meaning a Single Tab that displays all forum Categories and subsequently their Childs (when you hover over a category) ? This would be really amazing...if you have a bigger forum with many categories, you would have the entire forum in one click as a windows start menu.... I would just die for such an add on...

Last edited:
This is really amazing addon, but is there any chance to actually display the ROOT NODE as a tab? Meaning a Single Tab that displays all forum Categories and subsequently their Childs (when you hover over a category) ? This would be really amazing...if you have a bigger forum with many categories, you would have the entire forum in one click as a windows start menu.... I would just die for such an add on...

I will consider it for the next release. There isn't a root node per se. I would have to create one.

An alternative would be to simply put all of your current categories under a single parent node. But that would change the main forum list which is a problem unless you wish to get rid of the main list.

Thank you ! Really appreciate that you will consider something like this for your next release, it would be incredibly helpful. I have a huge forum for example, it has 21 categories each with around 5-7 forums, a shortcut to the entire forum on top such as this one would be the most amazing thing ever.... Thank you again!

Hi again! I have a small issue....how can I reduce the number of tabs that are displayed here
http://www.anytopix.com/threads/33/ since they are too many they go over the search menu and behind...is there a chance to remove all these tabs and just keep the pop up displays that are on top....

Hi again! I have a small issue....how can I reduce the number of tabs that are displayed here
http://www.anytopix.com/threads/33/ since they are too many they go over the search menu and behind...is there a chance to remove all these tabs and just keep the pop up displays that are on top....

One option is to move the search bar.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/which-style-property.31695/#post-365873

Or increase the width of your style:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> Page Width Controller

Or shorten the names of those child nodes.

Hi, sorry if this was answered but I was reading through some of the latest pages and people are talking about 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 and bugs and... well anyway, does this Add-on support XenForo 1.1.5? In your latest update it says, "2) Support for unread counter bubble which indicates the number of unread threads contained in that tab. This requires XenForo 1.1.4." I just want to be sure. Sorry for the silly question

Hi, sorry if this was answered but I was reading through some of the latest pages and people are talking about 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 and bugs and... well anyway, does this Add-on support XenForo 1.1.5? In your latest update it says, "2) Support for unread counter bubble which indicates the number of unread threads contained in that tab. This requires XenForo 1.1.4." I just want to be sure. Sorry for the silly question

Yes this addon works in 1.1.5

Hi Jack, is there any problem with 1.2 and this add-on? I've installed it, and it looks fine.
Just quick question, and I think I've found something like this on this thread, but maybe due to 1.2 things changed:
How do I make a single tab, let's say "Nodes", and make a drop-down menu of all the nodes on my forum?
Thanks.

Hi Jack, is there any problem with 1.2 and this add-on? I've installed it, and it looks fine.
Just quick question, and I think I've found something like this on this thread, but maybe due to 1.2 things changed:
How do I make a single tab, let's say "Nodes", and make a drop-down menu of all the nodes on my forum?
Thanks.

This addon appears to work fine in 1.2, yes. I haven't yet done extensive testing.

A "root node" tab has been requested. I am considering it for a future release. But at this time there is no such option.

Startup/Bus. Invest Ads/Market Credit/Ins Career Pers.Finance

possibly

Business * Invest * Marketing * Credit-Ins. * Career * Budget

It's about headbanging the right words which can head up your categories.

Top Bottom