Nice new footer!

Not only do I like it a lot, but I wish it was on the main Xenforo page as I'd be more inclined to buy the software.

Yes, I am genuinely that fickle when it comes to choosing companies. Sometimes, the prettiest ones win with me.

I never expected that. Imho that home page was clean, professional, simple, in balance. It already had a 'Buy' and 'Demo' button. It looked 'KISS' instead of crowded.

Having said that, that large footer could work on some pages, but the home page? Looks much better without it imo. Anyway, removed with personal css and done. ;)

You should use the header on the Help pages (including the drop shadow) for all of pages on the site, IMO. It looks really professional and would really contribute to a unified, professional-looking site design. :)

I had to lengthen the home page and various other changes to make it fit, but I think it works now.

It's looking nice. The only two things I'd like to see (preference based) is the margin reduced maybe set to 90% and the gradient removed. Either way I'm liking the footer regardless.

Xenforo home page using a gradient #011e32 (seen on screenshot xenforo_homepage1.png)

Attachments

• xenforo_homepage.webp
    xenforo_homepage.webp
    104.1 KB · Views: 10
  • xenforo_homepage1.webp
    xenforo_homepage1.webp
    93 KB · Views: 7
  • xenforo_homepage3.webp
    xenforo_homepage3.webp
    104.5 KB · Views: 7
I had to lengthen the home page and various other changes to make it fit, but I think it works now.
I really like what you did with the homepage footer. I don't think it looks crowded at all, and the gradient in the footer is very attractive.

That looks good Kier, better than I thought it would on the homepage, it looks better there than it does on the forum.

I never expected that. Imho that home page was clean, professional, simple, in balance. It already had a 'Buy' and 'Demo' button. It looked 'KISS' instead of crowded.

Having said that, that large footer could work on some pages, but the home page? Looks much better without it imo. Anyway, removed with personal css and done. ;)

If this new footer on the home was/is meant to generated attraction to it, then it surely succeeds 200% indeed ;). I do like the idea of a professional footer (whatever that may mean), but I agree with you that now on the frontpage it indeeds looks rather crowded doesn't? If you're using a big enough horizontal resolution on your PC it simply can not be missed, since your focus is immediately drawn to it. And I guess this is exactly the purpose. Thus... making it 200% successful in it's goal :).

Yup, it doesn't look quite that clean/simple/balanced/sophisticated anymore, I agree. And why 2 instances of big [Buy] and [Demo] buttons indeed. Having said all that... this is a screen (mostly) aimed at new potential XenForo clients isn't it. So, if people (apparently) feel more inclined/stimulated to buy the product this way, then by all means it's a good thing. And it's not part of the forum software itself (which we buy and need to use) anyway, so I guess let the company make the decision that they feel is best for them...

You should use the header on the Help pages (including the drop shadow) for all of pages on the site, IMO. It looks really professional and would really contribute to a unified, professional-looking site design. :)

I totally love this dropshadow effect. It's also used inside the ACP you know: http://www.fractalizer.ru/frpost_554/xenforo-1-0-beta-admin-control-panel-in-pictures/.

Not sure how it would look/if it has a place on the forum home, but I would sure like to see a mockup of it :cool:.

If this new footer on the home was/is meant to generated attraction to it, then it surely succeeds 200% indeed ;). I do like the idea of a professional footer (whatever that may mean), but I agree with you that now on the frontpage it indeeds looks rather crowded doesn't? If you're using a big enough horizontal resolution on your PC it simply can not be missed, since your focus is immediately drawn to it. And I guess this is exactly the purpose. Thus... making it 200% successful in it's goal :).

Yup, it doesn't look quite that clean/simple/balanced/sophisticated anymore, I agree. And why 2 instances of big [Buy] and [Demo] buttons indeed. Having said all that... this is a screen (mostly) aimed at new potential XenForo clients isn't it. So, if people (apparently) feel more inclined/stimulated to buy the product this way, then by all means it's a good thing. And it's not part of the forum software itself (which we buy and need to use) anyway, so I guess let the company make the decision that they feel is best for them...
Happy to see at least some nuance here:D Yes that's the problem, the footer draws attention to it, while the header already contains all the buttons new customers need...

I loved that big header with the clear buttons when I first saw it, it was an invitation to buy. Now the footer draws some of that attention away from the header, for no good reason at all. But I believe there's a very simple solution for this: show a simple/small footer on the home page, keep the big footer for every other page. Win-win. But it's their decision to make, we can only suggest.

Top Bottom