Add-on Must I ask? Arcade

Well, its the second time you constructed a comment that had both a veiled jab and a supposed innocent translation.
I am merely clearing it up for those who read it as "dont use vba because its a ripped-off v3a" :)

I'm saying I did not take any features from v3a - i addressed the same problems you came across with my own solutions. whereas you can see "stuff" from ipa in v3a... unless you want to argue that "they are arcade games; theres common things you do with them" in which case, the same applies for vba. Like i said, this is the vbulletin+xenforo argument, and I dont appreciate being accused of it similarly.

Anyway, xf gave this thread as a linkback to my announcement which is why im even here :p sorry to interrupt.

Kevin, I would happily transfer ownership of all my vBulletin licences to you and or Steve if I could be included in the testing. I'm skint at the moment so private chat me if you would like me to transfer. That's vB Suite (branding removed) & vB Mobile Suite.

@ChemicalKicks: If you're interested in getting in on the private beta, get a hold of Steve over at XFArcade.com -- For now any & all donations are going to him directly for his efforts. I'm sure you can work something out with him.

@ChemicalKicks: If you're interested in getting in on the private beta, get a hold of Steve over at XFArcade.com -- For now any & all donations are going to him directly for his efforts. I'm sure you can work something out with him.
I've contacted him, thank you :)

Some interesting stats; according to Google Analytics a member's average time on my site went down from 14 mins to 10 mins after migrating to XenForo. My guess is that it's purely because of the lack of Arcade.

Some interesting stats; according to Google Analytics a member's average time on my site went down from 14 mins to 10 mins after migrating to XenForo. My guess is that it's purely because of the lack of Arcade.
Interesting ... people should see if deploying an arcade increases the time on site on a newly deployed arcade.
My son showed me a site he likes now called friv.com. Meeblings is fun.

Any news on the arcade? I'm having to direct my members to the old VB3 arcade in the meantime.

Well, its the second time you constructed a comment that had both a veiled jab and a supposed innocent translation.
I am merely clearing it up for those who read it as "dont use vba because its a ripped-off v3a" :)

I'm saying I did not take any features from v3a - i addressed the same problems you came across with my own solutions. whereas you can see "stuff" from ipa in v3a... unless you want to argue that "they are arcade games; theres common things you do with them" in which case, the same applies for vba. Like i said, this is the vbulletin+xenforo argument, and I dont appreciate being accused of it similarly.

Anyway, xf gave this thread as a linkback to my announcement which is why im even here :p sorry to interrupt.
Mind giving a link to where you got the code from to download games directly from the v3Arcade.com site? Or a copy of any communications you have with the owners of v3Arcade.com asking if it was OK to even do that? Since you're listing it as a feature, and even giving instructions to people on how to configure their placeholder account at v3Arcade.com in order to download games from the demo store on the site I'm sure you took care of that ahead of time. :coffee:

Being worked on, slowly. Feature wise though it won't match your vB3 arcade and will be a pretty basic system in the beginning.
Thanks for the update Kevin.

My members only want flash games that will save scores and add their high scores to their profile, with an easy to follow UI (V3Arcade had a better UI than IBProArcade in my opinion).They aren't interested in tournaments or anything complex - Tetrix and Mahjong will keep them happy for now. Eventually some multiplayer games might be nice as seen in the VB Gameroom product.

There's space on the member card for latest high scores with game icons though ;)

We're quietly looking for some extra testers. Anybody interested? If so, please create an account over at XFArcade.com and then send me a PC over there with your account name. Make sure you have filled in your site URL in your profile so we know where you'll be testing.

Advance warning (aka: don't say we didn't tell you ahead of time when you are disappointed later): We have rebooted the beta cycle and XFA is currently a very basic platform. Essentially a way to list games to the user, allow the user to play the game, and then capture their score. No leaderboard yet, no individual game score pages yet, no comments yet, no postbit award images yet. We are concentrating on the core basics from which to build upon.

If anybody would like to help out with the project in any way your input would be most welcome! :)

Top Bottom