Add-on Must I ask? Arcade

I don´t understand this. Are there no coders who want to make some bucks? Or is it to much stress to support it... or....???

There was at least one coder capable and interested in converting the arcade... After the initial discussion (if it was even that) he was given the cold shoulder and not contacted again.

Said coder is also well known here and is known for the quality of his work :rolleyes:.

That's odd. They were going to do one for XF at one time, then just kind of dropped out of sight.
You'd think they could come up with a more original name since there's already a vBArcade.
They were also going to do their shoutbox, but later stated that they just didn't see a big enough demand for XF and wanted to focus on their larger customer base for vBulletin addons. Which is understandable. Gotta support what is currently bringing in the dollars...err...pounds.

Not sure if there are any really good XF developer tutorials or API overview, but that might be why there are so many who aren't able to code for XenForo yet. It could be somewhat difficult to code for a system you don't know well.

There was at least one coder capable and interested in converting the arcade... After the initial discussion (if it was even that) he was given the cold shoulder and not contacted again.

Said coder is also well known here and is known for the quality of his work :rolleyes:.
Oh?

In general (for those who've been following this strange saga)... Stan was gung-ho about it since he said he needed it anyway to convert his own sites over to XF. Things seem to have stalled though after he ran into some vBSEO URL redirect issues. I don't know what his current intentions are.

Not sure if there are any really good XF developer tutorials or API overview, but that might be why there are so many who aren't able to code for XenForo yet. It could be somewhat difficult to code for a system you don't know well.
For me, my issue from Day 1 has always been time. :( I'd love to know how some people seem to be juggling their existing Day Jobs, real world responsibilities (eg: family, house), their existing vB projects, and now new XF projects.

That's odd. They were going to do one for XF at one time, then just kind of dropped out of sight.
You'd think they could come up with a more original name since there's already a vBArcade.
That is lot of existing vB & IPB arcade related mods out there, along with years of discussions about feature suggestions, for them to be inspired by versus having to start from scratch with XF. ;) Before their recent announcement about their new project it was pointed out to me that an individual, who had not visited the v3A support site in quite some time & never responded to questions about some particular add-ons, has in the past few weeks been visiting v3A almost daily, even a few times a day. I'm sure it was just a coincidence. :ROFLMAO:

Que sera, sera. What will be, will be.

I don't know about that. The Kevin I know wouldn't give anyone a cold shoulder.

Like I was saying.....

Like I was saying.....
I had to go back and look at my PC history. The only PC that sort of went no where was an inquiry from somebody who did not read the public threads about trying to get v3A ported. .... and the fact that it was from somebody who was banned from CinVin in the past for fraud did not help matters. (I was actually surprised to hear from the person.) If the person in question is reading this and wants to give it a go, go back and read any & all threads here at XF that have the word "arcade" in them and then send me a PC if you think you can do the port.

Looking back it would have been good if it worked out with the first coder who was involved since he has been doing some nice work with XF.

Like I was saying.....

I'm going by what I heard, and the person I'm talking about isn't the type to exaggerate.

I had to go back and look at my PC history. The only PC that sort of went no where was an inquiry from somebody who did not read the public threads about trying to get v3A ported. .... and the fact that it was from somebody who was banned from CinVin in the past for fraud did not help matters. (I was actually surprised to hear from the person.) If the person in question is reading this and wants to give it a go, go back and read any & all threads here at XF that have the word "arcade" in them and then send me a PC if you think you can do the port.

Looking back it would have been good if it worked out with the first coder who was involved since he has been doing some nice work with XF.

This programmer wasn't the first one you approached, and I doubt he has ever been on CinVin, much less committed fraud there.

I'm going by what I heard, and the person I'm talking about isn't the type to exaggerate.

This programmer wasn't the first one you approached, and I doubt he has ever been on CinVin, much less committed fraud there.
Send me a PC with the person's name. Posting stuff by what you "heard" is going to get anybody anywhere.

Regardless. As I said, I've known Kevin for years, and have never known him to give anyone a "cold shoulder".
Cold iced tea (or cold birch beer -- preferably PA Dutch Red Birch), yes, but cold shoulders? Normally not. But just in case I'm searching my gmail for "arcade xenforo" to see if anything pops up.

I have a soft spot for v3 Arcade so I really hope we will get a XenForo version of it sooner or later.

Would be a fun project to do actually but I don't have the time and probably not the skills either...

Top Bottom