XF 2.2 Multiple Asterisks in a post

NoahP

When I post a story to my forum I specifically censor swear words by typing something like "You F*ING B**" with multiple asterisks. but it removes all but one. Ive checked my censor and spam settings and can not find out where this is being caused.

I have noticed something like that. It's important on a saxophone site because there are certain models of mouthpiece that might be denoted with asterisks,

e.g. there is a 4 star which is written: 4**** . If I just type that it is fine

But if I type ****ing 4**** it ends up as ing 4

But if I type ****ing 4**** ( with the actual f word) it shows the 4 asterisks for the naughty word, and only two asterisks after the 4, instead of four as it does in my first example here.

Last edited:
right. the other alternative i imagine would be to use [plain]text[/plain] bbcode. which for some reason is not part of the bbcode toolbar editor. but yeah, disabling markdown would be a simpler solution as not many people know it and use it.

I got a "solved" and a "-1" on the same post
Woo Hoo Season 5 GIF by Friends

As admin you turn it off in your ACP, on a saxophone forum users are more than likely not typing markdown anyway and since it makes more sense to your users as asterisks, you can just turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom