Resource icon

MetaMirror 1.6.1

No permission to download
Would it be possible that my server isn't powerful enough?

I found this in my ControlPanel

Capture.webp

I contacted my hosting company. And they said my cpu was maxing out. It only maxes out when i press on proceed. I think there should be a way to only do a certain amount of threads. About 10-50 at a time or less.

I don't have a dedicated server. And thats too many images to do at once. My forum runs fine normally.

Last edited:
I tried this on my test forum. It worked prefectly. But my test forum only has about 100 images.

My live forum has about 1 Million BB Codes Images. I tried the Meta Mirror Test Tool I would click on "Proceed" and it crashed. And it made my forum super slow. I even had to restart the server due to my forun turning in a white blank page with "internal server error".

Afterwards, I was unable to post any messages in Threads. I has to uninstall it. It was giving me too much problems.

Is there anyway to scan about 10-20 threads only? I don't think my server can handle scanning the entire forum in one shot.
Or is the problem because i am on xenforo version 1.4?

I really want this add-on. What advice would you have?
What settings do you have in the ACP for the add-on? Is it crashing when you test the add-on per the instructions?

These are the settings i used. I followed the instructions.

Capture.webp

Capture2.webp

I couldn't get past this part. I pressed proceed. It would go and seem like it working for about 2 - 5 minutes then it would go on internal server error. While this was going my forum would become really slow and pages would take forever to load.

The test forum would work perfectly. But like i said before my test forum only has 100 images. So it scans it right away. But 1 million BB Tags. Wouldnt that take forever? or time out?

Last edited:
The settings show to only process 10 images per run? So I assume it shouldn't matter per instance of the cron running that you have 1 million linked images, it should only be attempting to locate and rehost 10? With 10 being processed every 5 mins you are looking at approx 695 days to run through them all o_O

Does anyone know if this works ok with 1.4? Also, are there any options to optimise the image you are rehosting? Just looking to avoid having images attached which are very large in file size, pity it doesn't use the default attachment system.

That said, there is an add-on that you can manually trigger which checks attached images and resizes them of needs be.....

Sorry you are having problems, but it looks like it's a combination of inefficient coding on my part, and a large forum and a low powered server on your part.

I'm not doing any active development on the tool right now, so i'm afraid I can't really help beyond suggesting you try a more powerful server.

There's also another add-on that does similar things that might work better, which is split into two:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-image-all.2527/
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-image.2521/

Does anyone know if this works ok with 1.4? Also, are there any options to optimise the image you are rehosting? Just looking to avoid having images attached which are very large in file size, pity it doesn't use the default attachment system.

Works fine in 1.4. There's an option to use the attachment system

[QUOTE="There's also another add-on that does similar things that might work better, which is split into two:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-image-all.2527/
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-image.2521/[/QUOTE]

I tried that add-on before yours. I couldn't get it working. Installed fine but I couldn't get past Operation Step 1.
No error problems. Nothing . Just wouldnt work.

I'm on a VPS 2Core 2GB Ram. I thought about getting a better server. But it's only this add-on that gives me problems all other add-ons don't use all my resources. So i don't see the point of getting a more powerful server.

Well if someday you decide to keep developing it i will come back. It is a great add-on worked awesome on my test forum. But for me it didn't work.

If someone else has a big forum with many images and gets it working. Please write it here. I was using xenforo 1.4

Thanks,

I'm on a VPS 2Core 2GB Ram. I thought about getting a better server. But it's only this add-on that gives me problems all other add-ons don't use all my resources. So i don't see the point of getting a more powerful server.
With the stats you have quoted earlier, I hope you have a LOT of space on the VPS. I've only got 260,000 posts, but have hosted 47,000 attachments, at over 22GB of disk space

With the stats you have quoted earlier, I hope you have a LOT of space on the VPS. I've only got 260,000 posts, but have hosted 47,000 attachments, at over 22GB of disk space
That's an average of 0.47MB per image. I've got about 5,000 rehosted files, at 780MB, an average of 0.16MB. But even at my low average, a million images would take 160GB. At MattW's average it would 470GB.

Well i tried it again. This time i shut off my board. And i changed the "Posts Per Run" to 1.

I then went to "Proceed" on the Test Tool. When i press Proceed. I see this circle thing:
Capture.webp

After about 1 or 2 minutes i get the blank page with "Internal Server Error" I kept a look at my cpu usage. It goes up from 23% to 90% while doing this operation. And then i unable to access my forum as it runs super slow. Then it goes blank and i have to restart my server.

Well i give up. I also noticed some of my threads in one posts they can have up to 200 BB photos.

I am currently with HostGator Snappy 2000. I havent had much problem with them in the last 8 years other than a couple outages. But i only get 120GB of space. Ive only used about no more than 10 Gb.
HostGator.webp

Also something ive noticed. It doesn't work well for BB thumbnails with URL. For example If someone posts an image(such as below)

when they click on the thumbnail(such as above). It takes them to the website with the bigger picture

The problem is. It only saves the thumbnail. It's unable to save both the thumbnail and big photo. So when a photo is deleted from a website. Such as http://imagevenue.com/

The script kicks in. And only the thumbnail is saved. So yes all the thumbnails saved and it looks like everything is working. But once clicked on the thumbnail it still takes you to the website but the image has been deleted.

So this does not work well with BB Code images with URL. There would have to be a custom mod where it saves the thumbnail and also goes on the website and save the big image as well. I'm sure that would require some big modifying since every website would be differernt.

I guess this is meant for images which are linked straight from a website. Not image hosting websites which mostly use thumbnails.

In the end. It's probably best i never used it anyways. I think i would fill up my server space fast and use more bandwith. Nevertheless, Interesting mod.

Last edited:
I guess this is meant for images which are linked straight from a website. Not image hosting websites which mostly use thumbnails.

Yes, that was the intent. Also rehosting the linked images would be quite different functionality.

Strange that it's using so much CPU. I suspect this must be due to the large database you mush have if you've got over a million images. (combined with my no-doubt inefficient coding of the SQL query). Sorry it didn't work out.

is there a way to do the reverse? i want to be using xenforo's proxy instead of this so i wish to set all reposted images back to they way they where on all posts, signatures and profile images...

i removed the add one all the files are there..

i have a data/MetaMirrorCache

bBixs.png

now all the posts/threads that where re hosted prior the image proxy..

all the images are stored here..

what i want is the xenforo image proxy to rehost them to it's secret location...

so i can delete the MetaMirrorCache folder, and all the 9998 files would be reposted with new link by the image proxy... in all the posts/threads that the previous images had linked to. but the image proxy ver.. not the old link ver...

atm only new images are re hosted by the proxy and all old images link to the MetaMirrorCache folder...

I do not know how the add-on works and what it does to manipulate posts. You will need to direct questions to the author.

The image proxy only proxies external images; images from your own domain will not be proxied.

is there a way to do the reverse? i want to be using xenforo's proxy instead of this so i wish to set all reposted images back to they way they where on all posts, signatures and profile images...

No. As noted in the overview, this is a one-way conversion from external to local.

I only had a tiny fraction of that post count on my old IP board site, and my filesystem was up over 16GB :eek:

Edit.

On topic though, couldn't an add-on like this cause potential copyright issues with downloading images to your server that the image author/artist might not allow?

Installed but getting a few of these errors:

Code:
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'exif_imagetype(...', '/srv/www/theadm...', 822, Array)
#1 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/MetaMirror/CronEntry.php(822): exif_imagetype('/srv/www/theadm...')
#2 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/MetaMirror/CronEntry.php(1124): MetaMirror_CronEntry::updateSingleContent(Array)
#3 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/MetaMirror/CronEntry.php(560): MetaMirror_CronEntry::runForContentType()
#4 [internal function]: MetaMirror_CronEntry::runMetaMirror(Array)
#5 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#6 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#7 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#8 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#9 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#10 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "https://theadminzone.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(40) "/threads/best-update-notice-ever.129745/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Installed but getting a few of these errors:

Code:
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'exif_imagetype(...', '/srv/www/theadm...', 822, Array)
#1 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/MetaMirror/CronEntry.php(822): exif_imagetype('/srv/www/theadm...')
#2 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/MetaMirror/CronEntry.php(1124): MetaMirror_CronEntry::updateSingleContent(Array)
#3 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/MetaMirror/CronEntry.php(560): MetaMirror_CronEntry::runForContentType()
#4 [internal function]: MetaMirror_CronEntry::runMetaMirror(Array)
#5 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#6 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#7 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#8 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#9 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#10 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "https://theadminzone.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(40) "/threads/best-update-notice-ever.129745/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }