Lower Middle Class Forum Owners

As for the cost of the app... it's my understanding that once you own the app, you're able to sell it on Apple's or Android's marketplace.

So let's say you pay $800 for an app. You sell it for $2 in the Android Marketplace. All you need is 400 users to buy the app and you've broke even. (Minus whatever fees you have to pay Google.) Everything after that is profit.

Maybe I'm wrong on the above. It wouldn't be the first time. And with the fact that I'm not feeling the best today, I really shouldn't be posting on forums anyway. :)

I know Russians with legit Windows :) Not many though !
This is a private person or they bought a laptop with installed windows?
Sometimes software vendors come to the police and offer a little of money. Police calls to the company and said that within a week wants to verify the authenticity of the software. Director of the company for a week calling sellers and making legalization. Call on the Private Person does not make sense.

At the moment we pay €1.66 per liter, which is around €6.28 per gallon. And €6.28 is a little over $8. Those are pretty high prices for driving a Volkswagen.

what's the price of 1 liter of Coca-Cola ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just to update this thread, I just received this email from Tapatalk:

Dear Forum Owner,

We are excited to announce the availability of Build Your Own (BYO) App Service starting at just $29/month. Tapatalk BYO Service replaces our already excellent Rebranding Service, lowers our price from $3,499 to just $29/month.

Our Branded App service makes it easy to create, distribute, and update mobile forum app under your own branding. Customers have asked us for a lower priced option with standardized customizations. Branded apps now features Push Notification, Admob Mediation, Google Analytics, Apple iAd, DoubleClick for Publishers and more, all under your own App Store account
Much more manageable, but will eventually cost $3,499 (albeit after 10 years!)

Well I titled that way because I think there are some rich members on here who probably wouldn't be phased by the price. The price is so outrageous though, it made my eyes bug out by the ludicrousness of it. It only costs $250 for Branding Removal for Xenforo forum software which in my opinion, xenforo by itself has a worth far greater than tapatalk which is just an mobile app. and yeah I would rather hire someone than pay $800 for Branding Removal.
Perhaps the people who are paying that Premium should save the money and invest in a native iOS app for XenForo forums instead. :P

Looks like they removed their pricing page. Monthly your own Tapatalk is $69. Still ridiculous.

Indeed. It's like what has been said earlier: I can get a license for XenForo for $140, and get branding removal for, what, $250 more? And all I pay is a yearly renewal fee. tapatalk is just an add-on, an additional feature--it does nothing in addition to what the forum does, and I'm supposed to make it mine by paying a small fortune for it? Multiply it by all the sites I run, and I'd be eating up all of my funds for some buggy, poorly-supported and insecure mobile app.

No thanks. We're using responsive XF view. It excludes nobody, in my opinion. You get all forum features, and my monetization strategy still works. Don't even get me started on tapatalk's skimming off the top of all monetization (which was pyss-poor at best--only 0.5%-1% of our revenues came from their "app")...and failing to pay that money out. (That was my final straw--I had to get someone to intervene to get them to pay me the several hundred dollars owed to me!)

Given that incident, if money is involved, I only deal with US companies so I have some legal recourse. And given how tapatalk circumvented the XF registration system when I used it and allowed spammers an easy route to join, I ditched it.

If anything tapatalk cost me about what they want for their "branding-free" fees.

Top Bottom