Lower Middle Class Forum Owners

Oh ands it not "just" to remove branding. It gives you yor own app which s a much bigger deal than a simple branding removal.
That is my thought too. Its not just a simple brand removal, its custom development and support. Seems fair compensation for what is offered, especially when you account for the fact they they face the same challenges at the pump as you do. When the economy hits the crapper, prices go up for everyone and the cost always gets passed on tot he consumer.

If you get a quote from a dev to build you your own app I think you'd quickly see that the price is fair.

(though not something we can afford for our site so we'll just use the free version)

The 800 USD Tapatalk App is not custom development, you just get the app. You can buy custom development for additional 1.000 USD (20 hours for 50 USD) where the 20 hours are minimum you have to buy. The 800 USD is only for either iOS or Android App. So it is 1.600 USD if you want to have apps for both platforms.

I looked through the tapatalk code and there are some issues I don't understand:
- the app is still active and transmitting data even if you disable the tapatalk plugin
- the app fetches data directly from the model, not through a controller

Yer, that basic price is your own branded app. The premium is purely for large corporate purposes where tracking is essential.

Overall, it is cheaper than Forumrunner, who charge hundreds, yet is annual. Tapatalk is a one time fee pretty much... with you only requiring to pay minor costs for upgrades if you update software that breaks the apps coding.

Overall, the basic is cheaper than Forumrunner over the long-term IMHO.

I agree though... with XF bringing out their own mobile style as part of the software, this will really render these things useless to a good degree, because you don't need a custom app to view a site on a phone, you just need a good mobile style that is intuitive.

But then does Tapatalk keep it updated?? My users are pretty upset that the andoid client side is sooooo far behind compared to the ios side. So if I fork over the cash to pick it up, am I still waiting on tapatalk to get things updated??

Personally if someone wanted to remove the copyright from a piece of software I'd written I would say thats fairly cheap in comparison to some. End of the day it depends on the market in which your product is. With something on the web the branding on your applications is also your highest source of advertising, and therefore your highest source of revenue. If someone wants to remove that advertising (and therefore revenue) then they should expect to pay for the privledge. These are one of things that take a level of experise to produce and a creative way of thinking also. Try asking to use the lyrics from someones song, or the music of a game for your own uses so that you can do with as you wish and you would expect to pay a lot more. I dont see why people feel the hard work that goes into producing a piece of software and actually doing that for a living would be charged any less tbh.

Personally I cant afford a ferrari and I feel I should be able to afford one, so therefore they should reduce their prices... Doesnt everyone agree?

When the economy hits the crapper, prices go up for everyone and the cost always gets passed on tot he consumer.

I think that this argument is basically crap. Other than gas, can you name something that has gone DOWN in price when the market turns back around? They use the gas as an excuse to jack up the prices but if that were the case when gas prices go back down, so should their prices...but they never do.

It's like the government setting up a temporary tax.

I have some money.....which tends to build up if you work for 40 years like I have....but $799 is still too much for me to spend for a branded mobile app....let alone 3.5K.

No way.
Maybe they should price it based on the number of users??? This would be more fair.

I think that this argument is basically crap. Other than gas, can you name something that has gone DOWN in price when the market turns back around? They use the gas as an excuse to jack up the prices but if that were the case when gas prices go back down, so should their prices...but they never do.

It's like the government setting up a temporary tax.

Dont think either of the comments are crap to be honest. Either his or yours..

Prices of things do go up during economy issues and gas is no different ... However I do agree with you that they dont dramatically drop as it goes down

I pay 8$ to Fill up my Toyota Avalon :)
What was the tank still 3/4's of the way full?
Drove a friends VW Jetta Diesel last night, it's pretty easy to get ~50 mpg. :cool:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/17649.shtml

Wish my F150 Supercrew got that. :ROFLMAO:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20053.shtml

Back
Top Bottom