Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
Hello, I found that I have two kinds of notifications, one is "you have a new alert" or something like that, other is the content of the notification. Is this a bug?

Hi Naatan,

I wanted to make sure before posting this. Some Internet Explorer users reported issues about the editor (WYSIWYG) not visible anymore when posting and opening threads . They appearantly still live in the stone age (you would be suprized how many they are) using IE 8 (8.0.6001.18702). I have this add-on installed on three boards so it would be nice if we could figure out whats wrong with it. Thank you for this excellent addon by the way, my users enjoy it very much.

Hi Naatan,

I wanted to make sure before posting this. Some Internet Explorer users reported issues about the editor (WYSIWYG) not visible anymore when posting and opening threads . They appearantly still live in the stone age (you would be suprized how many they are) using IE 8 (8.0.6001.18702). I have this add-on installed on three boards so it would be nice if we could figure out whats wrong with it. Thank you for this excellent addon by the way, my users enjoy it very much.

This sounds like it could be a tough one to figure out, as I've tested it with IE without any problems, so it seems it occurs randomly.

Before I spend time trying to reproduce the bug you reported, what indicators do you have that this problem you experience is caused by my addon? Also, are you running the latest version?

This sounds like it could be a tough one to figure out, as I've tested it with IE without any problems, so it seems it occurs randomly.

Before I spend time trying to reproduce the bug you reported, what indicators do you have that this problem you experience is caused by my addon? Also, are you running the latest version?

I disable the addon and ask the user to refresh the web page and look back if the editor is appearing and it does. Two of the users who had problems posted me via PC that they were using IE 8 (8.0.6001.18702). I'm running IE 9 (the latest version in 9.x) and having no problem at all. I belive onward the addon works just fine.

Personally I wouldn't use IE in a million year but there are users who have never heard of Chrome or Firefox for that matter and complaining they can't post or open threads. The addon grew on me so I don't wanna give it up either :D

I disable the addon and ask the user to refresh the web page and look back if the editor is appearing and it does. Two of the users who had problems posted me via PC that they were using IE 8 (8.0.6001.18702). I'm running IE 9 (the latest version in 9.x) and having no problem at all. I belive onward the addon works just fine.

Personally I wouldn't use IE in a million year but there are users who have never heard of Chrome or Firefox for that matter and complaining they can't post or open threads. The addon grew on me so I don't wanna give it up either :D

Thanks, I will check it out.

I also can't stand IE (or MS Software in general), but as a web developer you are often forced to use it for debugging purposes :\.

For the record IE 8 is the lowest version I support, users that still use lower versions obviously don't care about properly working websites anyway.

Thanks, I will check it out.

I also can't stand IE (or MS Software in general), but as a web developer you are often forced to use it for debugging purposes :\.

For the record IE 8 is the lowest version I support, users that still use lower versions obviously don't care about properly working websites anyway.

Yeap, agree totally. I want to put a huge X sign on my website for those who still use prehistoric browsers. But just to be fair, IE has become the least popular browser amongs my users (currently third place, not counting opera) so in some time it will propably go away for good. Thanks for looking into it though, I appreciate it.

Yeap, agree totally. I want to put a huge X sign on my website for those who still use prehistoric browsers. But just to be fair, IE has become the least popular browser amongs my users (currently third place, not counting opera) so in some time it will propably go away for good. Thanks for looking into it though, I appreciate it.

As long as MS keeps including IE as the default browser we'll have to deal with it.

I tried reproducing the bug on IE 8, but it's working flawlessly for me. Any chance you could get an error message from one of your users, or any debugging information for that matter?

Also, are you running any other addons that might be conflicting?

I don't know if this is related but the user generated this error below:

XenForo_Exception: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. - library/XenForo/Autoloader.php:108

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('XFCP_XfRu_Merge...')
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/XfRu/MergeDoubleUserPost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(15): spl_autoload_call('XFCP_XfRu_Merge...')
#2 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): include('/home/user/pu...')
#3 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(858): XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('XfRu_MergeDoubl...')
#4 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(352): XenForo_Application::autoload('XfRu_MergeDoubl...')
#5 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Session.php(303): XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('XfRu_MergeDoubl...', 'controller')
#6 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Session.php(368): XenForo_Model_Session->addSessionActivityDetailsToList(Array)
#7 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php(827): XenForo_Model_Session->getSessionActivityDetails(Array)
#8 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionCard()
#9 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

It seems to be the Merge Double Post addon.

I don't know if this is related but the user generated this error below:

XenForo_Exception: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. - library/XenForo/Autoloader.php:108

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('XFCP_XfRu_Merge...')
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/XfRu/MergeDoubleUserPost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(15): spl_autoload_call('XFCP_XfRu_Merge...')
#2 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): include('/home/user/pu...')
#3 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(858): XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('XfRu_MergeDoubl...')
#4 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(352): XenForo_Application::autoload('XfRu_MergeDoubl...')
#5 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Session.php(303): XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('XfRu_MergeDoubl...', 'controller')
#6 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Session.php(368): XenForo_Model_Session->addSessionActivityDetailsToList(Array)
#7 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php(827): XenForo_Model_Session->getSessionActivityDetails(Array)
#8 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionCard()
#9 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

It seems to be the Merge Double Post addon.

Impossible to say if it's related, but it's definitely possible. Try disabling the addon and see if the user still has the problem.

Impossible to say if it's related, but it's definitely possible. Try disabling the addon and see if the user still has the problem.

The user upgrated his browser, I'll look if I can find another user who is having this issue :)

Hey Naatan, awesome plugin, but I simply can't get it to work.

I got this from the chrome dev tool, what's the issue here?:

1. GET http://forums.afterkraft.com/index.php/poll/unread 404 (Not Found)
    1. d.support.ajax.d.ajaxTransport.send
      jquery-1.5.2.min.js:16​
    2. d.extend.ajax
    3. d.each.d.(anonymous function)
    4. d.extend.getJSON
    5. getUnread

thanks!

Bit hard to say, fact that it's even attempting to access that file should mean you installed it correctly, but there is no reason I can think of why it wouldn't be able to access it. Try uninstalling an reinstalling it again and make sure you are running the latest version of XenForo?

Naatan updated Ajax Polling with a new update entry:

Complete rewrite by Robbo

Robbo recently released his awesome XenForo Enhancer userscript which (among other things) automatically checks for new alerts, much like AjaxPolling did. Seeing as AjaxPolling had some issues due to the fact that it was developed when I had very little knowledge of XenForo he asked if I'd be willing to inherit his code and well, here we are.

Basically this maintains the same funtionality as the original, but...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom