1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
License
MIT License
Visible branding
No
This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

Polls the server more often to get current alerts and inboxes quicker. And shows an alert indicator in the favicon or a text based indicator in the title of the page.

Configuration

To change the update interval go into the ACP and either type "Live Update" into search or navigate to Options > Live Updates Options. Change the "Live Update Interval" option to your desired update interval (in seconds).

Users can also control the appearance of the count in their Preferences:

upload_2014-9-23_2-11-2.webp

Credits

Version 2.0 was entirely developed by Robbo, full credit goes to him! I am simply maintaining it.
  • Screen shot 2012-05-22 at 12.11.02 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2012-05-22 at 12.11.02 PM.webp
    998 bytes · Views: 8,988
Author
Chris D
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 31 ratings

More resources from Chris D

Latest updates

1. Small fix

Do not allow guests to try and access the Live Update page
  2. More Configurable. New Features. Update Favicon Bubble or Tab Title.

This update to Live Update brings some important new changes: New Display Option: Previous...
  3. Guest conditional plus minified JS

This update simply resolves an issue whereby the JS would run even for guests, where it is not...

Latest reviews

Have been using the add-on for quite a while now, and kudos to Chris for keeping it up-to-date and for providing such a feature as an add-on. Our users demanded something like this after finding it helpful on Facebook, and we implemented this and it has used and loved by many.

Options to display the update as an icon or as a number in the title is really great. Never had any negative issue with regards to performance or incompatibilities, solid add-on improving user experience :)
Love this addon, best over so far on this board and most recommended one.
Thank you so much for such an awesome Addon.
thank you very much for this quality addon.. really cool and impressive :) our users will appreciate this.
Love this add on - A fair few members do as well! not intrusive, just works which is all we want in life
Very cool add-on. Couldn't be easier to set-up! Very nice to see the red indicator in the browser tab. My users will appreciate this!
I could not live without this addon. It feels like part of XF core now. All my members enjoy it. Hoping for continued development and support. keep up the good work!
Another amazing addon that really enhanced our new xenforo site. Very glad I found it. Much thanks to you for the hard work! Looking forward to more...
Excellent add on makes it much easier for users to be aware of new alerts while they browse. I can't believe this isn't a core feature but luckily this works perfectly.
This addon replaces the F5 key on your keyboard. At the end, saves time and resources with unnecessary refreshes to check alerts, wasn't quite aware Chris had this addon!
Excellent add on. Works perfect and immediately generated positive feedback from our members. Something that every site probably will benefit from. An add on that also points towards a direction that Xenforo need to take. More instant updates driving more member engagements.
Top Bottom