Likes Given

It would be nice to have a tab in a user's profile that shows all recent posts that they "liked". I don't think I've seen this feature anywhere, not even on FB. There is first mention of it, but no list of recent items liked by the user.

TOTALLY agree. I've often wanted to go back to content I've liked on forums but couldn't find where it was.

Btw, FB does keep track of it as everytime you like something, a newsfeed gets automatically posted on your wall - if you have that enabled - saying "You liked Someone Lastname's photo".

EDIT: Also it would be nice to be able to see a list of the posts you have had like'd. For instance, on my profile you'll see how many like's I've recieved but nowhere to track where those like's are.

Btw, FB does keep track of it as everytime you like something, a newsfeed gets automatically posted on your wall - if you have that enabled - saying "You liked Someone Lastname's photo".
That is also enabled in XenForo on the Recent Activity tab in your profile.

Actually, I think the only likes that show on FB walls now are for pages/groups/external links (i.e. if I were to "like" this page); they were there at one point, but I think they got removed.

That being said, I thought there was an add-on made for this, but I can't find it now, so maybe I'm thinking of something else. If I am, I'd like to see this as an add-on in the future. :)

EDIT: @Brogan: That's right...I wonder how difficult it would(n't) be to make another tab to just display your likes as an add-on...

EDIT: @Brogan: That's right...I wonder how difficult it would(n't) be to make another tab to just display your likes as an add-on...
Well the data is already exposed so it would be a simple job to create another tab just for content you liked.

Additionally, it would also be relatively simple to have a tab for your content that has been liked by others.

That is also enabled in XenForo on the Recent Activity tab in your profile.

I see. Well, that thing have always bothered me on FB. Sure it's nice to see in the newsfeed BUT what if you're searching for something you liked months ago? You'll have to scroll through tons of feeds - inefficent. Having the "11 likes recieved" clickable and bring up an overlay with the content you've recieved like's on would be a much better and smoother solution.

Yes, I would like to see likes in a tab by itself, away from recent activity. This way, on my own profile I can go back and see what I liked in the past, and/or view what other people liked in their profile and see what they are "into", if you know what I mean.

FB shows likes, but not "just" likes, going back months.

With the new feature to disallow liking, I think that the ability to see(whether in admincp or the front end) to see how many likes a user has given, maybe even have the ability to see who their likes have been given to. This would help against people who just want to make the like system meaningless or boost up their friends likes.

No worries.
Ideally some or all of those should be merged but I'm not sure if they're all requesting the same functionality.

Thanks, I've merged your thread with that one then which helps to reduce the duplicate/similar post count.

Is that of any interest to others?

It certainly is. I just found myself in need of wanting to know which posts I [liked] here on xenforo.com, to remind myself/get an insight in what thread/posts I was and am interested in. You know there`s no such thing as ´Watched Liked Threads' or something, so yes, the ability to get an overview of which posts you've liked is certainly welcome for me.

Supported.

Top Bottom