I Like 'Like'

I just thought I'd say that although we essentially copied the functionality of 'Like' from Facebook, I now consider it to be a fundamental part of my forum experience. All too often I am reading through unread threads, and I want to add my appreciation for a post, either because it's said something useful, or amusing, or clever, or something I agree with... and the ability to do that with a single click is both extremely convenient and time-saving. And even though I've now accrued over 6,000 of the things, I still love to see that my posts have been 'Liked' by someone else.

Right now, we don't provide Like aggregation tools. You can't see (without add-ons) the most Liked post on the forum, nor can you see your own most Liked post etc., or the 10 most liked people etc. This has been a conscious decision, as I don't want to turn 'Like' into a competition, but can anyone else think of useful, socially engaging uses for 'Likes' ?

Keep the "Like" as it is.

the only thing I would want to add is this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/subjective-seo-with-star-ratings-for-threads.49877/

:)

Top Bottom