I have a few questions

Axed99

I was planning to buy xenforo, but i wanted to know, does this have a CMS?

is the resource manager similar to ip.board nexus? or downloads, and is the seo easy to use. I have tried the demo but it seems a bit hard to navigate.

Ok well this is something I will need I will have to wait it out I guess :p

Try a few searches in the Resource manager: http://xenforo.com/community/search/?type=resource_update

I don't know of one personally.

XenForo has the account upgrades feature which manages subscriptions. Although it isn't actually a feature within the resource manager, A possible option:

1. Create a usergroup.

2. Create a resource manager category. Make sure that that usergroup only has access to view the category and download within it.

3. Create a User Upgrade (which they will purchase) that places the user within that usergroup so they can access the category within the resource manager with its resource/s uploaded.

You could try that within the demo if you like: http://xenforo.com/demo/

Yes I will play around with it, I did search through the resource manager but I couldn't open some of them. I will try what you have said and see if it works.

Obviously it may not be the best method, depending on how many resources you want to have which users need to pay for, but it is an option.

Ok thank you for the information, I will probably still buy and test around with it I guess.

Keep in mind that while the resource manager is available for purchase, you don't have to purchase it immediately and you can add it on as an extension to your license at any time after your license has been purchased. That way you have the option of waiting if you think the feature/s might be implemented.

You probably should read this bit as well:

XenForo Enhanced Search is designed to give significantly better search performance and additional search options to your users. It is built on top of elasticsearch, which is in turn built on top of Lucene. This gives excellent performance, even with millions of pieces of content. Elasticsearch allows nearly infinite scalability and redundancy by silently allowing searches to be run across multiple servers. Additionally, you benefit from a very small stopword list and no minimum word length, allowing nearly any search to return meaningful results. Elasticsearch also provides support for returning results based on how relevant they are to your search. You can select relevancy ordering on the advanced search page.

You must have access to install elasticsearch 0.16.0 or newer and XenForo 1.1.1 or newer to use this add-on. Only customers with dedicated servers or VPSes will be able to use it.

Access to Enhanced Search updates and support is included as long as your XenForo license is current for support and updates. When extending your XenForo license, the cost of add-on extensions will be automatically added to the base cost.

From here: https://xenforo.com/purchase/xenforo-details

Back
Top Bottom