Gamer Exit - Looking for Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea we came across that background and noticed it would be a perfect fit for our default background. Also we added a user field for members to choose their background preference while browsing the site. We plan on continually adding more options for backgrounds as we go.

bgk.webp

Not often I say this but WOW!!!!!!!! on including that background image. I noticed this is a recent update you made? including that was a very good move and it's made this style from being excellent to Outstanding which gives it so much life and depth (plus it just looks awesome).

That makes me determined to suggest again and push you into designing and updating new node icons because those e-mail markers really aren't doing that style any justice. With that update (of the BG Image) it's one of my fav XF styles). Amazing job Russ. (y)

Feels like the forum is just floating in space - awesome effect heh heh. But I agree with Shelley, the node markers let it down.

Thanks ladies :), couldn't of done without Steve(Qwk86gn), the joint effort has kept the morale up and sped up the process a ton!

And yes... I log onto the forums every day seeing those icons my eyes shift from them. I luckily think I found another designer to get some done for me.

skull.thing.webp

Watched that trailer on your site.
#dirtylaundry
badass.

What's that skull from ? A game ?
(Sorry my games are Plants vs. Zombies and Super Mario Galaxy 2)(My son is 6) :)

Thanks ladies :), couldn't of done without Steve(Qwk86gn), the joint effort has kept the morale up and sped up the process a ton!

And yes... I log onto the forums every day seeing those icons my eyes shift from them. I luckily think I found another designer to get some done for me.

Might consider using this for the background, so that it loads after everything else. It'll also resize it to the monitor size of the visitor.
http://srobbin.com/jquery-plugins/backstretch/

Just a minor alignment issue Russ with the search. Might be best aligning that inline with the buttons to the right of it so it looks aligned.

what you have currently: GE-search-before.webp

With some alterations: GE-search-after.webp

I could've sworn I've seen this site on vBulletin. What was the name.....Hm? o_O

Either way, NICE CONVERSION! I wish there was a designer that could take an old vB3 skin and design a XF skin that looks exactly like my old CODForums skin. :(

I could've sworn I've seen this site on vBulletin. What was the name.....Hm? o_O

Either way, NICE CONVERSION! I wish there was a designer that could take an old vB3 skin and design a XF skin that looks exactly like my old CODForums skin. :(

It was coded for vb4* originally, used the CMS and everything and the project was abandoned shortly after. The current portal functions much better and personally looks a ton better than the vb4 version. I think I posted an image/link on here awhile back actually.

(y)

A margin suggestion for the like container Russ. Add margin in?

Edit: Probably have more px in the margin than what I shown in the modded screenshot. Inline and aligned with the hashlink/ DateTime.

What you have currently:
GE-like-before.webp

With the margin adjustment:
GE-like-after.webp

A margin suggestion for the like container Russ. Add margin in?

Edit: Probably have more px in the margin than what I shown in the modded screenshot. Inline and aligned with the hashlink/ DateTime.

What you have currently:
View attachment 32397

With the margin adjustment:
View attachment 32396

Thanks, I like the adjustment much better, a little revamped was planned on this since the last update to the post ratings broke our style a bit(not DI's fault, our coding).

Ok :),

Changed up the post bit, we went to "legacy mode" ;p. decided we wanted to ditch our previous black ratings bar for a more subtle separator, http://gamerexit.com/threads/the-war-z.259/ for how it looks now, when you're signed in it has a very small height'd rating bar sort of like the default. We felt the black bar was a tad bit too big and without ratings or the ability to rate the post the black bar was too bare.

Also if you visit on a mobile device got the mobile style customized a bit... still a work in progress but going good.

Nice customizations man, well done job for XenForo, one of the few XF styles I really like.
I am still working on my custom XF style, I am probably months away :(
BTW Your CS:GO Giveaway Approach is very good. :) It will help you gain members.
I did the same thing on my site with the announcement. Did ya get that idea from somewhere?

We had the ideas since we began converting over to Gamer Exit from my old site, didn't plan on giving away CS:GO, it just came along at the right time and price. ;)

Nice customizations man, well done job for XenForo, one of the few XF styles I really like.
I am still working on my custom XF style, I am probably months away :(
BTW Your CS:GO Giveaway Approach is very good. :) It will help you gain members.
I did the same thing on my site with the announcement. Did ya get that idea from somewhere?

Thanks, we're glad you like it :), as for the idea which one are you referring too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom