Add-on Game Server Integration

Still waiting for this amazing Add-on. ETA ?
I've been horribly busy :( and I'm going to make changes to the templates and make it look prettier. Then I'll be adding a query method for other addons to be able to send rcon messages to the servers. Finally, I'll be adding various query handlers to manage all servers and will be tweaking all server types to take into account the current handlers, since only a few are properly configured.

Last edited:
i was checking forums with server integration i found a good one sadly its not a xenforo forum but they got server list, ranking, player stats, banlist etc you check here

i was checking forums with server integration i found a good one sadly its not a xenforo forum but they got server list, ranking, player stats, banlist etc you check here
I'm not sure I will make it THAT complex as the entire addon is coded to manage any game server. Maybe a GameME integration, or support for linking ranking engines but that might end up just being copying and pasting data from those services to your database to limit lag, which seems counter productive. I'll look into different options for this though.

Yea I am beginning to think I made a huge mistake going with Xenforo for our CMS. Xenforo is quite expensive, then you have to buy the Resources addon if you want a decent downloads section. Then there are the annual fees to continue to get updates. People that develop addons charge an arm and a leg for them. I cant find a decent addon (currently active and developed) for clan wars for Xenforo. I get quoted a price of $1500-$3000 to develop the addon. To make your own, you basically have to learn a Xenforo scripting language, which is like learning a whole new language. Then you see addons that look like they could be helpful, but the developer just drag their feet on doing anything with it, making one excuse or another. You end up having to settle for a lesser product that works just enough.

Honestly, at this point I have to seriously think about making the switch to something like MyBB or vBulletin. They have been around longer and seem to have vastly more addons available for gaming community. Xenforo just is not there yet. :(

Damn just realized I hijacked the thread. Crap sorry about. I tend to rant some times.

I will keep checking back here, but I have already been doing so for some time now. I wont hold my breath, guess this addon will just get released whenever. Or it will just disappear into the "Unmaintained" category like others have done.

Yea I am beginning to think I made a huge mistake going with Xenforo for our CMS. Xenforo is quite expensive, then you have to buy the Resources addon if you want a decent downloads section. Then there are the annual fees to continue to get updates. People that develop addons charge an arm and a leg for them. I cant find a decent addon (currently active and developed) for clan wars for Xenforo. I get quoted a price of $1500-$3000 to develop the addon. To make your own, you basically have to learn a Xenforo scripting language, which is like learning a whole new language. Then you see addons that look like they could be helpful, but the developer just drag their feet on doing anything with it, making one excuse or another. You end up having to settle for a lesser product that works just enough.

Honestly, at this point I have to seriously think about making the switch to something like MyBB or vBulletin. They have been around longer and seem to have vastly more addons available for gaming community. Xenforo just is not there yet. :(

Damn just realized I hijacked the thread. Crap sorry about. I tend to rant some times.

I will keep checking back here, but I have already been doing so for some time now. I wont hold my breath, guess this addon will just get released whenever. Or it will just disappear into the "Unmaintained" category like others have done.
Well there are annual fees for any premium forum software that's any good, as well as products that are awesome. XenForo is not a whole new language, it's a pretty easy PHP MVC framework that's not difficult at all, just quirky.

The product is being developed but I can't make it a priority. However, in it's current state, it's more advanced than any publically available game server tracking addon out there. The whole idea of this addon is to be able to handle ANYTHING. Yes, for more specific purposes like a clan wars addon it would need to be developed even more (which is honestly outside the scope of this addon) but it provides all the tools necessary to make it happen. That's the main point of this addon, to be a framework to query and game server. While clientside features are important, I want a strong backend so if I want to, say, track scrimmage servers in the future, it would be extremely easy with this addon. I really disliked vbgamez since everything was hardcoded and was a complete mess to work with. That's why when I do work on this, I'm extremely careful to make sure any modifications someone wants to make are possible.

We gotta be honest, an addon like this really isn't heavily requested since it fills a niche market, unfortunately. That's why the amount of game server addons feels so spare :(

ANYWAYS! I'm recoding the player tracking to allow for player pages, and to add functionality for custom addons like sourcebans and gameme to be integrated with a player and quickly have access to those statistics. Also coding a new system called 'Identity Details' that fetches information about the player based on their identity. I'm probably gonna code up a caching system so you won't get banned from Steam or whatever due to too many requests. Should make it nice and work fast :)

I also added category pages on the frontend, so you can click a category to display all servers in it.

Last edited:

I totally agree with you developers should stop charging soo much I've seen one addon that costed over $100+

ANYWAYS! I'm recoding the player tracking to allow for player pages, and to add functionality for custom addons like sourcebans and gameme to be integrated with a player and quickly have access to those statistics. Also coding a new system called 'Identity Details' that fetches information about the player based on their identity. I'm probably gonna code up a caching system so you won't get banned from Steam or whatever due to too many requests. Should make it nice and work fast :)
While I'm using a custom coded gameMe server list right now for my site, I am patiently waiting for this awesomeness. Can't wait to see it silence :)

I dumped the identity details and just started coding a new thing called External Services. It's currently working with a baseline version of SourceBans that displays bans and whatnot. It currently merges over the server list from this addon to SourceBans, and looks like it will be easy to code the rest so you can finally get rid of the SourceBans interface and keep it all on your forum :) Also made a baseline player page that I'll be populating with details from the external services. I'm going to make it very extensive so multiple systems can be used at once!

I will not be doing an integration service for SB though, merely it will just compare details from XF to SB. This is so existing SB databases can be used and continued to be used with zero changes.

I'm thinking of including it in the baseline package of this entire addon, along with GameME, not entirely sure yet.

I'll link the test version when I fix out the bugs and get individual record pages working!

I dumped the identity details and just started coding a new thing called External Services. It's currently working with a baseline version of SourceBans that displays bans and whatnot. It currently merges over the server list from this addon to SourceBans, and looks like it will be easy to code the rest so you can finally get rid of the SourceBans interface and keep it all on your forum :) Also made a baseline player page that I'll be populating with details from the external services. I'm going to make it very extensive so multiple systems can be used at once!

I will not be doing an integration service for SB though, merely it will just compare details from XF to SB. This is so existing SB databases can be used and continued to be used with zero changes.

I'm thinking of including it in the baseline package of this entire addon, along with GameME, not entirely sure yet.

I'll link the test version when I fix out the bugs and get individual record pages working!
If you need anything to get testing underway, let me know :)

Random question @silence but will this also support TeamSpeak? In terms of the server list?
This is what is bothering me, I named the columns PLAYERS and its all listed as PLAYERS haha, so it would look weird, but I can throw the TS3 PHP framework in there and add it to the supported server types :) I'll think of a way to allow servertypes to choose those sort of names.

This is what is bothering me, I named the columns PLAYERS and its all listed as PLAYERS haha, so it would look weird, but I can throw the TS3 PHP framework in there and add it to the supported server types :) I'll think of a way to allow servertypes to choose those sort of names.
That's not that bad really. I mean what else would you call that column? Users? Players shouldn't be a problem even if it's related to TeamSpeak :)

Will you able to make custom server blocks like you can with LGSL? I use XenPorta 2 and I am currently using LGSL custom server blocks it's not pretty as if you click a link it's an in-frame block so that link links inside the front-page custom HTML block.

And in regards to the TeamSpeak 3 will you be able to code it to refresh with the custom server icons?

Will you able to make custom server blocks like you can with LGSL? I use XenPorta 2 and I am currently using LGSL custom server blocks it's not pretty as if you click a link it's an in-frame block so that link links inside the front-page custom HTML block.

And in regards to the TeamSpeak 3 will you be able to code it to refresh with the custom server icons?
What do you mean by custom server blocks, and what do you mean by refreshing with the server icons?

What do you mean by custom server blocks, and what do you mean by refreshing with the server icons?
I think he means widgets for the servers. So like a widget for an individual server or a list of servers on the sidebar. Or just the TeamSpeak server by itself. However, I don't think that's necessary.

TeamSpeak also allows you to upload icons to your server and you can give channels or permission groups special icons. I think he wanted to know if you could grab those icons. I guess that's up to whatever query software you use.

I think he means widgets for the servers. So like a widget for an individual server or a list of servers on the sidebar. Or just the TeamSpeak server by itself. However, I don't think that's necessary.
I can code up a Widget Framework widget to do that for an individual server.
TeamSpeak also allows you to upload icons to your server and you can give channels or permission groups special icons. I think he wanted to know if you could grab those icons. I guess that's up to whatever query software you use.
Yeah that works with TS3 PHP API.

Ok I finally got my server back up you can look at my site might load a bit slow:rolleyes: www.cozworld.com I would like to be able to do what I have on it as it is now with the game server blocks with list of players and map images and teamspeak with the channel icons. Leaving the ability to add a bit of pizzazz/flair above the server blocks would be nice. With LGSL you can create zones and then you can set each zone in a frame. I usually put sets of certain games in zones like I have 4 TF2, 8 NMRIH and 8 KF2 servers each set of servers are in their own zones. I also have each block set to auto refresh... I am not a coder so it might seem kind of ugly but I do what I think looks cool to me am sure there is a better way to do things but I think my ideas are functional just not good to use inframe the way I have it.

All the ideas I use were from gameserver mod addons I used from PHPNuke many many years ago just can't give up on the style...:confused:

Top Bottom