Add-on Game Server Integration

Yeah but now, say you want more advanced statistics for mumble or teamspeak. GameQ won't offer that, so you could add a PHP library for those server types, write a little code, and it's all done.

Or say you want to write an admin system (which I will be doing once this is done) and you need to use something more advanced, this will make it simple :D

Ok finished the front-end for the query handlers and server types. You won't be able to delete a handler if a server type is using it, and you won't be able to delete a server type if a server is using it. This is to prevent OOPS moments :3

Now I will be coding up the complete query methods and once GameQ is done, I'll quickly do Teamspeak and Mumble support since GameQ doesn't seem to like supporting it that well.

Screenshots:
938eebab41fc4cf7abb994e165e4d6eb.webp 2a5922fe6553d6910296c6075f2672fc.webp

Some more:
e42b21bb91e44cc0fe19c9cd5c8d8365.webp
fd69637a005a008e91305dd810005ad5.webp

Also some updates about what happens after the query handlers are coded.

- Statistics will be on hold for now, at least for a visual display. I gotta experiment more with how to output it in a way where it's not totally useless.
- I also will be including a feature where you can define where a users game name is located in XF, and be able to say on their profile or whatever that they are currently on one of your servers! I'll make it look really nice and there shouldn't be any performance hits.
- The idea for the query handler thing is if you want more information from a server. For example: GameQ will fetch a list of player names, but not their Steam IDs. You would have to use a different way to fetch these and if I based this entire plugin on GameQ that wouldn't have been possible very easily for devs. With the current system, you can simply change a server type to use your query handler, and it will now grab the players and their Steam IDs :D I'll probably include 3 or 4 but I hope I can get some put on the Resources page so others can use it.

Oh, and here's a screenshot of the Maps page so you know how it works :D
b5366b558f1f34706d0bddf4120bb5d2.webp

Any updates to this?! Beta? RC?
The Query Handler methods are done. I'm just fixing some bugs before I start adding more features again. While the entire thing is extremely stable, I wanna put more features in it before releasing a beta.

If you have any requests let me know!

I currently use LGSL to create game server banners for my homepage. Will your addon have such abilities? A player usage graph would be really sweet too, something similar to what gametracker uses.

Do you have a demo link where we can see it live?

What are you using to query the servers? The latest from GameQ?

Would you be able to incorporate scanning Black Ops servers? GameQ does not currently do that, so a query script for GameQ would have to be written. I have contacted the current GameQ authors but they do not seem too interested in doing it themselves.

I currently use LGSL to create game server banners for my homepage. Will your addon have such abilities? A player usage graph would be really sweet too, something similar to what gametracker uses.

Do you have a demo link where we can see it live?

What are you using to query the servers? The latest from GameQ?

Would you be able to incorporate scanning Black Ops servers? GameQ does not currently do that, so a query script for GameQ would have to be written. I have contacted the current GameQ authors but they do not seem too interested in doing it themselves.
It is coded where you can add your own query methods. GameQ is done and I'm currently coding up SourceQuery to allow for getting steam id's and then putting in users profiles that they are on a server :D

There's no demo atm, at least since it's mostly backend at this point.

I want to make signatures and banners a feature, but that will come in the future :)

Player graph? It shows scores atm, nothing really fancy.

Alright I procrastinated on school and coded more for this.

I got a beta for the query handler done. It supports both GameQ and Steam Condenser. It's grabbing Steam IDs so I can begin integrating players on the forum. So if they are on a server, it can display it in their profile or whatever.

The query handler will be much more dynamic. I added the ability to define a template that prints out the players, so if you want to add a new server type, you can make it output how you please :D

Did a really basic sidebar, nothing fancy, just to get something there!
5dd8d5a66437833f322cb6290cda0f61.webp

The Unknown is very odd, and I'm trying to figure out the bug. I think the game servers are banning my website IP so I can't query them until I unban it, or restart the server :/ so it's making development a bit difficult.

At this point, with the query handler basically functional, I can begin adding support for custom servers. If you have any requests, put them here!

Support for Black Ops servers and Frontlines Fuel of War. Ability to either click on the server to see info (map name, map image, players on server) or if you hover over it to display the info

Black Ops servers need to be able to send their servers rcon password in order to query all info, so would need to be able to put our rcon in as part of the setup.

FFoW servers are supported in older versions of GameQ, not in version 3, so not sure if you can import from the older versions or not.

Also a tab on the side to click to join the server, so a steam link for example would launch the game and connect to our server.

Do you have to hard code the servers into the plugin? Is that your issue?

Thanks for working on this.

Support for Black Ops servers and Frontlines Fuel of War. Ability to either click on the server to see info (map name, map image, players on server) or if you hover over it to display the info

Black Ops servers need to be able to send their servers rcon password in order to query all info, so would need to be able to put our rcon in as part of the setup.

FFoW servers are supported in older versions of GameQ, not in version 3, so not sure if you can import from the older versions or not.

Also a tab on the side to click to join the server, so a steam link for example would launch the game and connect to our server.

Do you have to hard code the servers into the plugin? Is that your issue?

Thanks for working on this.
Check the thread for more information.

Black Ops should be fine and we are using GameQ 2 currently, although updating would take 5 minutes.

Top Bottom