[Free] Windows 8 Developer Build

I think it is fairly ugly, What happened to when Microsoft kept the same OS for a bit of time. Seems like they are releasing a new OS every year. I think XP was their best OS and Win98se was the second best.

Does anyone know a good Virtual thingee so I can run Windows 8 for a second?
VirtualBox doesn't install for me :(

Works fine on virtualbox for me

Also hating Windows 8, it's like all the stupid over-simplified things in Windows 7 (e.g. libraries, control panel category mode), except 9000x worse. I can see 7 becoming the new XP in terms of longevity, and for good reason this time.

First time I saw the previews of it a few months ago, I thought it looked rubbish, now I've had a chance to mess with it, what on earth are they thinking?

I know it's a pre beta build and all, but the default start screen is awful

It'd be fine, if it was for tablets, tv's or large "phones", but not for a desktop.

I think it is fairly ugly, What happened to when Microsoft kept the same OS for a bit of time. Seems like they are releasing a new OS every year. I think XP was their best OS and Win98se was the second best.
They have always released a new OS every 2-3 years, with the exception of XP's lengthy time frame. Windows 8 being released in 2012 is nothing unusual.

And I think Windows 7 was their best and Vista was their second best. XP was good for its time, but it's over a decade old and no where near as good as Vista or 7.

Works fine on virtualbox for me

Also hating Windows 8, it's like all the stupid over-simplified things in Windows 7 (e.g. libraries, control panel category mode), except 9000x worse. I can see 7 becoming the new XP in terms of longevity, and for good reason this time.

I remain at xp far longer than I wanted to but waiting for a decent OS to come along wasn't happening (refers to vista). Finally took the plunge, bought a new system and then upgraded to win 7 and have to say I'm happy with it (better than i imagined) so hearing comments about win8 seems, almost feels like it's going to be another vista. I hope that won't be the case but if needed i'll remain using win7 for as long as i need to.

I find those hidden slickdeals links very distasteful...
The quote is from the site, I just pasted. No affiliation, but I do find a lot of deals there personally.

I forgot they auto input referral links in any link posted there. Don't think it's any issue tho...

I disagree. Fusion 4.0 has solid performance and much better 3D graphics performance than Parallels. at $39.99 the cost is better and you won't get better support than VMware.

Unity in the VMware Fusion View mode that superimposes the Windows task bar behind the OSx task bar and runs windows Apps on your Mac desktop.
Oh, that. Yeah, it appeared to me working for me, although I usually just keep my VM completely isolated from my Mac OS X install.

EDIT: You said it wasn't working for you, so I must have been using something else.

Why is it that every company wants to simplify everything as much as possible?

Our lives are becoming increasingly complex where we have little time to think about things, but we need to act fast. I think this simplification aims to assist you to terminate tasks expediently and efficiently.

Our lives are becoming increasingly complex where we have little time to think about things, but we need to act fast. I think this simplification aims to assist you to terminate tasks expediently and efficiently.
I think I'll disagree. Most of these simplifications are there to make it "easy" for people who don't understand anything technical, but limit the things people with that knowledge can do easily.

Top Bottom