Forcing all of a single user's posts into moderation queue

Ingenious

Is there a quick and easy way to force all of a specific member's posts into the moderation queue, so they require moderation/approval before being shown publicly, regardless of the forum they are in?

Mmm.. I did try a custom user permission set on a test account (my own) with that set to never and I could still post normally, maybe because that account is admin?

But I tried the extra usergroup you suggested and applied it to a "normal" non-admin account it works a treat, all new threads and any replies now go into the moderation queue. So, thanks for that Clickfinity, problem solved. Also doing this via a secondary usergroup is easier to manage too.

It's a great way to monitor the new content of any problem users!! :)

Nice idea. I'm wondering about creating a specific user group just to collect all new posts and then moderate them and promote users after they are cleared from their first initial post.

Nice idea. I'm wondering about creating a specific user group just to collect all new posts and then moderate them and promote users after they are cleared from their first initial post.

Change this to Not Set:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Registered -> Follow message moderation rules

Then create another group with all permissions Not Set except for Follow message moderation rules which is Allow:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Create New User Group

Then setup a promotion to add users to the new group after 1 post:

Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Promotions -> Create New Promotion

That will result in new users having their posts moderated until up to 1 hour after having their first post approved (promotions run hourly). Note that this may temporarily affect existing users until they are promoted. You may wish to manually run the cron after creating the promotion:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions -> Controls: Run

And even if you manually run the cron it only processes users who have been active in the last 3 days. So inactive users may be subject to moderation during their first session when they come back. If you want to process all users regardless of activity then you need to use this updated version of the cron:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...cron-running-out-of-memory.31541/#post-362657

That will allow you to remove 'last_activity' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400 * 3) from the file to process all users without memory problems.

Wow you are fast!!! Can't wait to use this. Xenforo is so gorgeous and I'm about to launch something pretty cool. :)

Thanks again very much. A great deal involves around being able to have users post quickly and us moderate.

Can't wait to use this.
Your new members won't agree :) It affects ALL new users and having been an end user many times in this type of forum, having to wait for my posts to show is, er, discouraging to say the least. I understand why people do it and some communities need this (ones affected by spam, or ones that attract such fighting - sports, religion, politics etc ;) that most new posts are troublesome). But I'd caution to only do it where absolutely needed.

You see you can justify it by saying you have a good mod team, but you can't be there 24/7 and in a fast moving thread, even 10 minutes can mean a post is way down the list and gets ignored anyway when it does show. I also feel it encourages low quality posting, just to get past that magical number where you are unchained and valued as a "real" member of the community.

The other approach as per my post is to do moderation reactively, that is put problem users in that group, the number affected can be small and it also sends more of a message to them about what's expected.

Top Bottom