XF 2.2 Deleting posts before a specific date, while excluding posts from specified subforums

Hi everyone, I have a Xenforo site with a database containing content going all the way back to about 2006 (migrated from another forum solution, of course). I've run across a problem with the search table becoming too large for my hosting plan with the search engine enabled, so I have decided to remove all posts made before January 1, 2013.

I am aware of addons which delete content wholesale; however, in our case we have a couple of subforums for which I would like to retain all posts, regardless of the date. Is there a SQL command or similar I can use to delete posts before the specified date, while retaining all posts in a specific subforum? I apologize if I am not using the correct terminology and hope you can understand what I'm getting at. I am trying to avoid manually pruning anything on Xenforo itself and instead using SQL commands or similar.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

Personally, I would find new hosting rather than mass delete content.

However, you can use the Batch update threads function in the ACP mass delete threads based on criteria.

Thanks for the reply. New hosting is not an option, as what I'm using now is extremely cost-effective and offers unlimited disk space, which is more important to me than retaining posts from almost 20 years ago.

I'll look more closely at the Batch update threads functions, cheers.

Thanks for the reply. New hosting is not an option, as what I'm using now is extremely cost-effective and offers unlimited disk space, which is more important to me than retaining posts from almost 20 years ago.

I'll look more closely at the Batch update threads functions, cheers.
It looks like you're paying for that unlimited disk space in other ways I'm afraid, but it's up to you.

Top Bottom