Food Fantasia

Mike and I went out to a little Italian place 5 minutes walk from our flat the other night...

View attachment 4868
I had herb-crusted lamb rack with balsamic vegetables and side of crispy potatoes (I really like them!), carrots and green beans, and he had sirloin steak with garlic butter, chunky chips (more like wedges) and grilled tomato and mushrooms (rather amusing given that Mike doesn't like tomatoes or mushrooms and loves carrots and green beans). It was pretty good but I think I prefer their seafood. Next time... :D
On myyyy that looks good!

Mike and I went out to a little Italian place 5 minutes walk from our flat the other night...

View attachment 4868
I had herb-crusted lamb rack with balsamic vegetables and side of crispy potatoes (I really like them!), carrots and green beans, and he had sirloin steak with garlic butter, chunky chips (more like wedges) and grilled tomato and mushrooms (rather amusing given that Mike doesn't like tomatoes or mushrooms and loves carrots and green beans). It was pretty good but I think I prefer their seafood. Next time... :D

Fffffffwaaaaoooorrrr :D that looks Alright!

LOL Poor Mike, I couldn't help but giggle though, always the way that the fussy one gets what they don't eat! I hope you swapped veggies with the poor guy :p

View attachment 4868

Evil evil Woman!!!! Now I want a rack of lamb for dinner rather than our traditional Friday pizza night :(

Fffffffwaaaaoooorrrr :D that looks Alright!

LOL Poor Mike, I couldn't help but giggle though, always the way that the fussy one gets what they don't eat! I hope you swapped veggies with the poor guy :p

Yes, well, I love mushrooms and like tomatoes so I was happy to share my veg and eat all of his :p

Yes, well, I love mushrooms and like tomatoes so I was happy to share my veg and eat all of his :p

hehehehe ... I can see it now... OK 1 I said 1 Mike of those crispy potatoes.. and 3 beans.. 2 carrots... That's how I would have done it anyway :D hehehe

Good choice Mike.

Steak FTW :D
Steak FTW indeed, though this one wasn't amazing. Quite chewy, though what do you expect from sirloin anyway. Regardless, I wasn't particularly hungry at that time, so it ended up semi-wasted. Oh well.

Yeah, sirloin isn't my favourite, although we did have a particularly nice one at home the other night (Sainsburys Taste The Difference).

Given the choice though it would be fillet every time.

Given the choice though it would be fillet every time.

Last nights dinner... Fillet steak, Greek Salad, a few Chippies (not home made I must confess) - was very yummy, but the middle of mine was still completely blue lol I prefer rare, so Jeff ate the middle of mine :p

fillet_steak.webp

Ribeye is my preferred choice... mmm... hungry now...
Ribeye is the best. I had that the other week when we went out for mums birthday, of course there was a great heap of chips to go with it. For some reason though there was a bit of grass on the plate too, now I do love salad (see below) but not with steak and chips.

Anyway tonight was a beef salad with homemade honey mustard dressing.

Attachments

• salad.webp
    salad.webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 23
Last nights dinner... Fillet steak, Greek Salad, a few Chippies (not home made I must confess) - was very yummy, but the middle of mine was still completely blue lol I prefer rare, so Jeff at the middle of mine :p
Now that's just rubbing it in!

I can eat it blue (or just cut its horns off and wipe its arse as my old boss used to say :D ) but prefer it rare.

Ribeye is the best. I had that the other week when we went out for mums birthday, of course there was a great heap of chips to go with it. For some reason though there was a bit of grass on the plate too, now I do love salad (see below) but not with steak and chips.

Anyway tonight was a beef salad with homemade honey mustard dressing.

Nice Doctor :D

Steak FTW indeed, though this one wasn't amazing. Quite chewy, though what do you expect from sirloin anyway. Regardless, I wasn't particularly hungry at that time, so it ended up semi-wasted. Oh well.

Is Sirloin not a good cut in the UK? We tend to have it as New York cut here to BBQ or sear in the pan.

Top Bottom