Food Fantasia

I can just imagine loads of people who contribute to this thread setting the scene just so for their photos and their other halfs saying "What the hell are you doing?" :D

The other half doesn't mind, but the cheeky monkey thinks it's hysterical.... keeps telling everyone I am putting the photos on Facebook (coz he knows I hate FB) and teasing me about how I can't have a meal anymore without photographing it LOL damn kids!

The other half doesn't mind, but the cheeky monkey thinks it's hysterical.... keeps telling everyone I am putting the photos on Facebook (coz he knows I hate FB) and teasing me about how I can't have a meal anymore without photographing it LOL damn kids!
That is funny.

since it's cold and I'm not well, I've been craving stew and dumplings lol.. so I finally mustered up a bit of strength to make a lentil and vegetable stew and have frozen some in batches for when I'm completely flattened and don't have the energy to cook. So guess what I'm having for lunch today lol...

Attachments

• stew and dumplings.webp
    stew and dumplings.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 27
I've been craving soups and chili alot too, with it being very cool here in Ohio. My son's dad took us out to eat a couple of nights ago, to a very nice place, and I ordered cheddar cheese potato soup w/scallions and bacon, and a side of garlic bread. He looked at me like I was insane.

But it sure was gooooooooooooood.
hungry.gif

I've been craving soups and chili alot too, with it being very cool here in Ohio. My son's dad took us out to eat a couple of nights ago, to a very nice place, and I ordered cheddar cheese potato soup w/scallions and bacon, and a side of garlic bread. He looked at me like I was insane.

But it sure was gooooooooooooood.
hungry.gif

haha! Well sometimes when you get those cravings, there's nothing else that will satisfy! I'm glad you got to have some good soup! :D Doesn't sound insane to me ...but then he's a guy so maybe they don't get cravings like we do? hahaha!

It is a cold (ish) and wet weekend here, going to cook a lamb casserole for dinner tonight, just went to the butcher and he kindly boned out and diced a leg of lamb for me :D

I love weather like this!!!

I am sure we would all love to see your food :) Hopefully next time you can find the camera and share your meal with us all :)
Will do. It was slightly chilly today, so we just made lentil stew with beef. It's supposed to get colder in the coming days, and I'm looking around for hearty stews that are on the spicy side. I'm also looking at some of Evelyn's creations and trying to track the original recipes down.

Unseasonally cold and wet here this weekend, so I made a Rustic Lamb and Bean Casserole.....

Full recipe and how to on my blog.

rustic_lamb5.webp

Really enjoyed it, although this pic is of Jeff's I didn't have any mash, and even without it I feel incredibly full! It's no wonder we don't eat this sort of food very often... very nice but very rich, filling and hearty!

Good Stodge as a friend of mine would say.

Unseasonally cold and wet here this weekend, so I made a Rustic Lamb and Bean Casserole.....

Full recipe and how to on my blog.

View attachment 5013

Really enjoyed it, although this pic is of Jeff's I didn't have any mash, and even without it I feel incredibly full! It's no wonder we don't eat this sort of food very often... very nice but very rich, filling and hearty!

Good Stodge as a friend of mine would say.
Just looking at that makes me feel warmer...:D

Top Bottom