Food Fantasia

I have to admit, the changing thread titles are amusing. I hope it doesn't stop. :p

By the way, does anyone have a tasty approach to unsalted rice cakes?

Throw them in the bin :p

Or how to make a healthy spin on 60z of chicken (I've been cooking it "plain"). I'm trying to keep on diet but really, once in a while I need an explosion of flavor.*

* See what I did there? ;)

With the Chicken, you can do a million different thing with it that are low calorie... like..

• Stir- Fry Cut it into strips and stir fry with a very small amount of whatever Asian sauces you like (be careful not to use too much as they do contain a lot of sugar and salt both of which are bad when you are dieting - but a small amount goes a long way)
  • French Saute gently in a non-stick pan with garlic and herbs and finish with a small amount of seeded mustard, chicken stock powder and a teaspoon of water to make a light glaze.
  • Tex-Mex Lightly spray with Oil or Non-stick spray and then coat with a spice mix or rub and oven bake for 20-30 minutes until done.
  • Burger Slice it long ways into thin steaks, then quickly sear and serve with masses of salad gear on a low calorie Bun for a chicken burger.
  • Mexican Cut into strips and saute with strips of onion and pepper and mexican spices for a quick and easy fajita with or without the Tortilla
  • Indian Cut into large strips (1 inch wide at least) and mix together a small amount of Tandoori spices and plain low fat yoghurt, marinate for as long as possible then grill on a hot griddle or oven bake in a hot oven for 10 mins until done.
  • Japanese Dice and gently saute until cooked, ramp up the heat under the pan ( then have a lid handy, and without removing the chicken and working quickly) add 1 teaspoon light soy sauce, splash of rice wine vinegar and some sugar substitute all at once, immediately cover and turn the heat off completely, take the pan off the heat whilst shaking it to evenly coat the chicken with the sauce you just made for an instant Teriyaki chicken.
That should give you some ideas... :)

Throw them in the bin :p

With the Chicken, you can do a million different thing with it that are low calorie... like..

• Stir- Fry Cut it into strips and stir fry with a very small amount of whatever Asian sauces you like (be careful not to use too much as they do contain a lot of sugar and salt both of which are bad when you are dieting - but a small amount goes a long way)
  • French Saute gently in a non-stick pan with garlic and herbs and finish with a small amount of seeded mustard, chicken stock powder and a teaspoon of water to make a light glaze.
  • Tex-Mex Lightly spray with Oil or Non-stick spray and then coat with a spice mix or rub and oven bake for 20-30 minutes until done.
  • Burger Slice it long ways into thin steaks, then quickly sear and serve with masses of salad gear on a low calorie Bun for a chicken burger.
  • Mexican Cut into strips and saute with strips of onion and pepper and mexican spices for a quick and easy fajita with or without the Tortilla
  • Indian Cut into large strips (1 inch wide at least) and mix together a small amount of Tandoori spices and plain low fat yoghurt, marinate for as long as possible then grill on a hot griddle or oven bake in a hot oven for 10 mins until done.
  • Japanese Dice and gently saute until cooked, ramp up the heat under the pan ( then have a lid handy, and without removing the chicken and working quickly) add 1 teaspoon light soy sauce, splash of rice wine vinegar and some sugar substitute all at once, immediately cover and turn the heat off completely, take the pan off the heat whilst shaking it to evenly coat the chicken with the sauce you just made for an instant Teriyaki chicken.
That should give you some ideas... :)

I see experimentation in my future. :whistle:

I'm not a good cook at all, so we'll see what in the world I'll end up with. I might need a little help from imagination. :ROFLMAO:

I made some waffles that I had for breakfast today :coffee:

Attachments

• IMG_0182.webp
    IMG_0182.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 12
I see experimentation in my future. :whistle:

I'm not a good cook at all, so we'll see what in the world I'll end up with. I might need a little help from imagination. :ROFLMAO:

give it a go, you might be surprised how easy it is to cook something really tasty :)

Or how easy it is to burn things. I'll have you know I've broken a few personal records! :unsure:

A lot of guys burn things because they don't understand that there is more than 2 settings on a stove.. off or FULLLLL BLASSSSSTTTTT...

Or in other words many guys go straight for the Hot stuff without realising that you often have to bring things slowly to the right temp ;)

Slow down, Patience and getting to know your ingredients and how they like to be treated is the key ;)

A lot of guys burn things because they don't understand that there is more than 2 settings on a stove.. off or FULLLLL BLASSSSSTTTTT...

Or in other words many guys go straight for the Hot stuff without realising that you often have to bring things slowly to the right temp ;)

Slow down, Patience and getting to know your ingredients and how they like to be treated is the key ;)
Well okay I'm not that bad! :p

Amazing how you managed a double entendre right there... using such stereotypes too :eek: I thought this forum was PG-rated?

Top Bottom