XF 1.0 File Upload and Image Placement Using Quick Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody loves quick reply. Most forum software has implemented it in some form these days, but it tends to be lacking some functionality that means you often have to drag yourself back to the full editor page to achieve what you want, especially when it comes to attaching files to your messages.

XenForo allows you to upload files and place uploaded images into your posts right from the quick reply box when you're viewing a thread, you can then submit your message and it will be added to the discussion instantly.

... without ever leaving the page or opening a separate browser window.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

Awesome. Now my only real issue is having a ref for that image associated in the DB with the member that uploaded it so they can (in the future!) organize, reuse and share their uploads elsewhere in the system.

No more attachments buried in a single thread never to be seen again!
No more duplicate uploads wasting bandwidth, storage and member time!

:)

Looking Good!

Looks awesome!

It would be even more awesome if max file size could be limited, and images re-sized as needed.

Currently we have a file size limit on attachments, so people do not upload mega-sized pictures, and they are re-sized when uploaded. That limits the server space needed, and the time it takes the pages to load (I *think*).

I should note that the "don't display the attachments at the bottom of the list if they've been included in the post body" change is now running.

Wow, Is this your idea about (low priority)? :p
Well done. :)

It will be great if the following could be added:

The ability to have the picture allow text to wrap. So, it has the image within the context of the story and displaying like a nice article :)

Removing the post-bottom thumbnails if they have been attached is on the todo list, our approach makes it a little challenging however, so we have given it a low priority at present, while we work on more important functionality.

Edit: I should read more then 1 page lol. I think you already implemented something like this ^^

This is coming along nice.

Brogan - when I hover over your big picture it says click to show full size version, but my screen is already quite big, already shows the entire picture, and does not get bigger when I click on the picture.
Yes, I'd been noticing that as well (using IE8)--even during this browsing session and then suddenly, it began to work! Apparently, Kier and Mike are changing/fixing things as we speak. You gotta live these guys! :D

WOW was the word when I first saw this, I had an idea or two but after reading the comments (most of them, long enough to see if my ideas were already posted) all my ideas have already been thought up :p.

Now... how to get my voice to sound professional when I make my videos.....? What?! I liked the voice in the video, sounded very calm and professional and well I hate to say but teh sexy Kier, and no married so get back to work lol ;).

Edit: So if I spell Michael as Micheal as happens to me all the time will the forum insult others and tell them they need to learn how to spell? Just saying, if your actually trying here then remove that, it's more insulting than humorous imo and not one forum has an actual "Grammar" staff on board...

Example: Kier

Edit: So if I spell Michael as Micheal as happens to me all the time will the forum insult others and tell them they need to learn how to spell? Just saying, if your actually trying here then remove that, it's more insulting than humorous imo and not one forum has an actual "Grammar" staff on board...

Example: Kier

It's a word censor Kier put on purpose to remind people how to spell his name, which if you look around the site, a lot of incorrect spelling still happens. ;) I don't find it insulting at all, and it isn't some "Gramnar Nazi" feature that's being tested.

Code:
kier
Kier
Kier
Kier
kier
Kier
Kier
Kier

:D

edit, it would take a screen shot to show what was supposed to be in the code box, that is altered too.

Everybody loves quick reply. Most forum software has implemented it in some form these days, but it tends to be lacking some functionality that means you often have to drag yourself back to the full editor page to achieve what you want, especially when it comes to attaching files to your messages.

XenForo allows you to upload files and place uploaded images into your posts right from the quick reply box when you're viewing a thread, you can then submit your message and it will be added to the discussion instantly.
wow that zoom function is neat :)

Great stuff Kier - love the voice/ascent too - almost like watching a documentary LOL

Yeah selecting multple images would be nice doo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom