Facebook Login Setup?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
I appreciate you will most likely not want to do this but I'm more than happy to have a poke around in your Facebook and forum accounts to see if it's all set up OK.

It worked then for like 1 login then when I logged out if didn't again...

Still no luck, my host said I need to contact facebook connect as its not a problem with the vps at there end.

I set mine up per the instructions in this thread and as I have on VB sites and I still get an error. When I click to associate an account the first time it recognizes the app and my FB profile and takes me to the screen where I choose to 'Allow' the information sharing. When I click allow I get the error in capture below. From then on even after clearing my cache every time I click associate an account or have another FB member click it it returns this error. It looks like an error on my server but I have never seen this before and I have set the FB connect up on several other non Xen forums on the same server configuration.

Capturexenerror.webp

I have also followed the instructions, tried deleting and re creating the app and I get the same error. I guess I'll wait until the next release and see if I can get it then..

Jamie

I tinkered around with it again too and even tried recreating a new app as well and still the same error. I know that I have it set up per the instructions and it works on my VB sites with the same host so I don't see it being a FB issue.

I have upgraded to XF-Beta2 now.
Do I need to delete my FB-app and create a new one or will it work with the one I have set-up when still running on XF-Beta1 ?

Many thanks,

I don't know if it's better to start a new thread or add to this one.
So I will add to this one.
I followed the instructions to a T.

Clicking Log in via Facebook brings me to
screen1.webp
After I click Allow
screen2.webp

I haven't gotten past that part either steve.. I know it works because my account here is linked, but I just for the life of me get my connection set up on my test site even though I have a similar set up working with my IPB site..

Watching this thread for any help...

Jamie

If you are having issues, it would be best if you could provide a screenshot of your Facebook Application settings and the Facebook Connect settings on Xenforo. Otherwise it makes it difficult for others to figure out what could be going wrong.

Top Bottom