Resource icon

Extra Portal 1.2.4

No permission to download
ExtraLicense is pleased to announce the release of [Extra] Portal 1.2, the best (and free) Portal addon for XenForo. If you (you know who you are) are using an alternative portal, you should do yourself a favor and and at least try this Portal.

Built for speed and simplicity, Extra Portal was refactored from Simple Portal as we didn't think the word "Simple" did it justice.

We would like to thank everyone that provided bug reports and feedback throughout the beta and release candidate period and are proud to present finally 1.2.0 GOLD

Fully Hooked to take advantage of [bd]Widget Framework integration or any other framework you wish to use (No proprietary widgets here :D):
extraportal_add_content
extraportal_top
extraportal_list
extraportal_item
extraportal_end (new)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Notable Changes:
All Hooks, Templates and Phrases have been replaced to reflect the new name. For instance, simleportal_top has been changed to extraportal_top and so on and so forth. So make sure you update your [bd] widgets and other dependencies accordingly.

New in 1.2:
Inline moderation and Inline promotion:

inline mod2.webp portalinlinemod.webp thread inline moderation.webp

Attachment Selector
attachmentselector.webp

Let's walk through the setup and use of [Extra] Portal 1.2

Setting the Portal as the Index Page Route so that it will be the default landing page for your site.

Setting the Permissions and New Categories:

Manual Promotion of threads, Inline Moderation Promotions and Attachment Selection:

Auto-Promotion Of threads from a specified Node:

Want to see more functionality added to Extra Portal yet keep Extra Portal free to use?
We are adopting a new pricing structure to bring only the new features you want. Want to see what Extra Portal could become? Check this Video Out
New features will be crowdfunded and delivery dates will be guaranteed, based on complexity, inside of 2 months (not like 6 months which is how long it took us to release 1.2).

I get this when I try to install.

I had to drop the two db tables related to the addon.

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate key name 'uniquecontent'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in SimplePortal/Install/Controller.php at line 195
  4. SimplePortal_Install_Controller::runQuery() in SimplePortal/Install/Controller.php at line 27
  5. SimplePortal_Install_Controller->install1010071() in SimplePortal/Install/Controller.php at line 186
  6. SimplePortal_Install_Controller::install()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 66
  9. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php at line 25
  10. XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  11. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 44
  12. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 31
  14. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home3/mcwh/public_html/xxx/admin.php at line 13
I receive an error when trying to create a thread and checking the "promote to Portal" checkbox (with attachment)

ErrorException: Undefined index: inlineattach - library/SimplePortal/ItemHandler/Thread.php:46

However, this only occurs when an attachment exists and the "show the attachment in the portal page" is checked.

I don't have many plugins installed. If I uncheck the show attachment, it works. (This functionality is why I installed this.) Any ideas? Thanks.
Both bugs should be fixed in 1.2.0

Want to see more functionality added to Extra Portal yet keep Extra Portal free to use?
We are adopting a new pricing structure to bring only the new features you want. Want to see what Extra Portal could become? Check this Video Out
New features will be crowdfunded and delivery dates will be guaranteed, based on complexity, inside of 2 months (not like 6 months which is how long it took us to release 1.2).

Lets get this man some money! He does things real fast when being paid, i can vouch for that (y)

Reactions: Dan
My apologies for that. We are reworking our demo site. Perhaps someone who has this installed could post up a link for a demo?

I'm having some troubles working out how to use Extra Portal 1.2 with Widget Framework - I'm using the new hooks but I keep getting "invalid position specified" error. All I'm wanting to do is add "top photos" and "showcase" widgets to the sidebar.

Could someone please hold me by the hand here... :)

Edit: Don't worry, I worked it out for the sidebar el_portal_index (y)

Last edited:
Will EP ever be able to post new content up in a graphical magazine style layout ie
upload_2014-1-22_16-5-32.webp

Is there any way to modify this to a tab, but not as a "Home" tab? I want the home page to be my forum, not the portal.
This isn't possible in the current version, but it is something we would like to add.

I'm getting this error when trying to promote a thread to portal:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception:Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'extra_data' in 'field list' -library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

#0 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#1 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT INTO `xf...')
#2 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#3 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#4 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1612): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_portalitem', Array)
#5 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1601): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#6 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1393): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#7 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/SimplePortal/ControllerPublic/Item.php(69): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): SimplePortal_ControllerPublic_Item->actionEdit()
#9 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home1/selfsuf5/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

EDIT: Hold the phone... again... I uploaded/reinstalled and this seems to have fixed all the errors :)

Last edited:
It would be great if you could add an option in the style properties for prefixes of the thread to be shown on the portal page before the thread title.

Btw, this is an excellent portal solution. Will be reviewing it shortly.

Top Bottom